Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cliff Neubauer

Spring planting weather thread

Had some storms roll through this evening and theres a decent chance of rain for the next few days. We've got a little over 300 acres of corn out so far with yields all over the place depending on soil types and drainage. In one field it was running 240 over tile and would drop to 180 in the wet spots with the next field having some 40 bpa corn on some really poor dirt with heavy deer pressure. Only a few beans have been cut in our area and we will start later this week but I haven't heard any yields yet.

Had a fast moving front move through here this evening with wind, lightning and thunder booming but don't know how much rain yet. At one point it was really raining hard. Quite a bit of corn has been run in the area but no beans that I know of. No one talking about BPA yet either.

7/10ths here tonight, and lots of lightning. Corn is in full swing or over half done around here. Lots had to get in early because of downed corn. Beans are just getting started real good the last couple days, havent heard any yeilds.

Corn....best we've ever raised by a long shot, almost done already, pretty easy to do when the moisture runs from 13-19% with most right around 16%. Started with 40 acres completely flat on the ground two weeks ago (first time we've ever used a corn reel), been rolling hard since as stalk strength is questionable.

Beans, about 60 acres cut, yields are disapointing, struggling to make 45bpa. Moisture is bone dry at 11% or lower, but the stems are so green we, and lots of neighbors, pulled out before we started wrecking the combine. Pretty common theme for the area.

Storm line rolling in, Dad and I just heard a strange banging in the front pasture. Our big J&M wagon I dropped in front just rolled halfway across with the first wind gust. Hopefully the storm won't turn out to be terrible, but so far its not sounding favorable for whats headed our way.

Been a strange year, we started last year on the 28th. We're a little over two weeks ahead of normal with harvest, just like we got done planting 2-3 weeks early last spring.

Where do you live??

I dont know if this will work or not,but this is a DTN shot of missouri and Iowa, Look at that hook echo in southwest Iowa, that has to be a tornado.

http://www.maconmfa.com/popup/weather_popu...68E40&ani=y

Where do you live??

I dont know if this will work or not,but this is a DTN shot of missouri and Iowa, Look at that hook echo in southwest Iowa, that has to be a tornado.

http://www.maconmfa.com/popup/weather_popu...68E40&ani=y

Well, I dont think it worked.

As usual the storms this eve split and went around us this.May have gotten a weak 1/10th inch of rain.Only had a little over 3" since Aug 1st and its very dry here.Some places SW of FT Scott,KS have only had 1" in the past two months.I was down there yesterday eve looking at old combines.Their beans are poor.

Corn is 90% done with yields from 60-190 BPA in this area.Mine made 140 BPA with less than a perfect stand.Corn planted the middle of May was poor.Bean harvest should start next week.No great yields are expected.Anything over 30-35 BPA will surprise me.

Nothing here but dry weather and high winds ,it's so dry here guys were out at 7:00 am cutting beans today .