Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

td14 addict

McCormick deering TD-14 tractractor serviceman manual

i have never seen any mccormick dering material for the td14, this was on ebay.

7627585691 link

thanks

Stefan

Not McCormick-Deering, but rather McCormick-Deering International. If you look at the big photo you will see only International on the sides of the hood and International Diesel on the sides of the fuel tank. Also, the wedge-shaped badge at top of grille says International.

Whoever advertised this book most likely was not very familiar with International crawler tractors. I grew up in the rural areas of Indiana back in the 40's and the only place I ever saw the graphics "McCormick-Deering" (and simply "McCormick" after 1948) were on the McCormick-Deering standard wheel tractors (which was their real name, not solid-front axle "Farmalls" as some people mistakenly call them. (Farmalls were row-crop tractors with either tricycle dual front, single front wheel or adjustable wide front axle. On the "Farmall" tractors there was a decal on the sides of the hood that said FARMALL in large white letters and McCormick-Deering (or McCormick) in much smaller white letters directly above FARMALL.

I never did see an International crawler with McCormick-Deering or McCormick decals on it.

I have seen some pre'40 crawlers with that ,but not to say someone did not put correct decals on.and took grill badge from wheel model

Not McCormick-Deering, but rather McCormick-Deering International. If you look at the big photo you will see only International on the sides of the hood and International Diesel on the sides of the fuel tank. Also, the wedge-shaped badge at top of grille says International.

Whoever advertised this book most likely was not very familiar with International crawler tractors. I grew up in the rural areas of Indiana back in the 40's and the only place I ever saw the graphics "McCormick-Deering" (and simply "McCormick" after 1948) were on the McCormick-Deering standard wheel tractors (which was their real name, not solid-front axle "Farmalls" as some people mistakenly call them. (Farmalls were row-crop tractors with either tricycle dual front, single front wheel or adjustable wide front axle. On the "Farmall" tractors there was a decal on the sides of the hood that said FARMALL in large white letters and McCormick-Deering (or McCormick) in much smaller white letters directly above FARMALL.

I never did see an International crawler with McCormick-Deering or McCormick decals on it.

I like your very CORRECT definition of the " McCormick-Deering" and "Farmall"

The Pre-War crawlers were McCormick-Deerings from the original 10-20 TracTractor (1928) until the mid 1930's.

The "International" nameplate was gradually introduced in the late 1930's for Crawlers and Industrial Tractors.

The original "T-40 Diesel TracTractor" was advertised as a "McCormick-Deering" in a 1934 advert.

The later "TD-40 TracTractor" was advertised as an " International Diesel" in 1937

The TD-14 which replaced the TD-40 was, without question, an International TD-14.

All IH crawlers from the TD-18 (1939) onwards were "International".

Likewise the Industrial Tractors were changed to International too- - McCormick-Deering WD-40 farm tractor

- International ID-40 industrial tractor, as early as 1936.

Regards from Michael Halsall

P.S. The name "Farmall" is often loosely used to describe all IH tractors- I have even seen a TD-6 listed as a "Farmall Crawler" (???!!!)

thanks, but i was alredy aware of all that, i just wasnt sure if that perticular manual was rare, i have the book 150 years of IH and it never read the name McCormick Deering by any crawler, other than the old t-20's and such. even McCormick-Deering International isnt there as far as i could see

thanks again

Stefan