Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRACTOR BOY

What do you look like?

This is the only one i have....lol. sorry. maybe i'll get a better one on there of me. that was about 4 years ago.

Shawn

post-343-1107715926.jpg

Well Tractor Boy, I do think you have went and broke the record for the most posts and surely the most views, and if you haven't, you will. very good topic. ;):):):)

Well I think Mark got shortened by BR :D  Im 6 foot 1.5 now but you Bill you must be 6 foot 3 ? not to much taller but much bigger around

No Jeremy, I'm only 6'. I'd guess Bill's about 6'4 or 6'5, and I'd say lenny's pretty close to Bill.

When I saw Bill yesturday, I told him that you & I aren't scrawny, but rather that him & Lenny are big piles of poop(only i didn't say it as politely), and he thought that was pretty funny.

Mark

What on earth do you class as conservative clothes?!?! I'm intrigued.

LMAO!! when I think of these kind of clothes it brings to mind the clothes we see in old time black and white pictures of our grandparents, you know, the type where the lady has on a black full skirted dress and buttoned up to the chin. Now to me, tha tis CONSERVATIVE clothing and also kinda dull by todays standards.

I'm only putting my picture up here so that the old regulars like Boog, HD, JD, and others will do the same. I figure I can't ask for your pictures without first embarrassing myself a little.

This is from 2003, when i painted my 826. My neighbor is on the right, and this is his farm.

ChrisandDave.jpg

By the way, I'm not oriental, i just squint a lot.

Chris, excellent picture of you both, actually all three of you and you need your sun glasses on I see. If you look at the first of this thread Tractor Boy put up the group picture with most all names in place but will see if I can find something else if you think. Ok?

Thanks HD. I saw the Redpower pictures, but its always kind of tough for me to get a good idea of what people look like from those pictures. To me, some of the guys in that picture with you who posted other pictures farther down the thread look completely different to me.

I've got to admit that FP has a point. I form mental pictures of some people too when I haven't seen anything but what they post.

Oh I think we all do that Christ. Sometimes we are so off base that it is funny but a few times we do luck out. I also see what you are saying about some of the other peoples pictures looking different too. Mark in particular looks different.

HD, I just took another good look at that group photo, and I've gotta say, if you don't post another picture of yourself, i'm just going to have to assume the Unabomber escaped prison and shaved his beard! :D

ROTFLMAO!! I can assure that is NOT the case in this case.

Oh I think we all do that Christ. Sometimes we are so off base that it is funny but a few times we do luck out. I also see what you are saying about some of the other peoples pictures looking different too. Mark in particular looks different.

HD, Delvin looks a lot different too. I'll have to post a pic I have of the brothers.

Mark

Damn I like that hat Mike. Got one something like it too.

RPFpic2.jpg

Not probably the most appropriate pic for a red forum, but this is the only one i can find ironically, had one posing in front of the C at one time, oh well. I think posing in front of something red would make my ugly self look a bit better!!! :D

Yeah, !! HD

No one gets me mixed up with Robert Redford!!!!!!

As for the hat--it's the good old Kiwi / Aussie " floppy "

I have spent over 20 months in the Caribbean sun---still here---went home for Xmas---got burned real bad---the old ozone layer is no longer there to protect the unwary-----hence the hat!!

Mike

Who the **** is Robert Redford any way Mike. BTW, Fine looking tractor and dics plow with cover boards too.

Jules, to some, conservative clothes = all clothes. And you're wearin them in that picture :)

I need your opinion on somethin - at the suggestion of a friend, I'm trying to convince my GF that if we get married, we should have an AGA range in our house. Have any experience with them? I really like the design and the ability to have a regular oven, convection oven, and warmer oven - that and the heat is radiant - much nicer. She likes the Viking type ranges, but they look to me like a sears range with a nice outside, and reviews i've read say they break all the time.

If you mean a REAL AGA not an imitation one , They are fantastic, they look great in farm house kitchens. NOT cheap but will last and last. Go for an oil powered one , for a reason! My folks had a solid fuel one and they are messy and that is not just the AGA make it runs true for any make ! Get fed up cleaning them and tending to them , folks ran all the central heating off one as well as using it for cooking. If you are not bothered by solid fuel and want it fair enough but from experience I and about everyone I know wouldn't have a solid fuel range of any sort, The oil ones are more adjustable and cleaner to run. Know numerous people with AGAs and I would kill for one but my kitchen just wouldn't suit it. AGA is the best do NOT accept imiatations! I've lived with them and I know a lot of people with them.

PPO,

I use to subscribe to Consumers Report but was never impressed by them. My info on the Viking ranges was from resturant owners that use them. Not sure if they make a comercial & a consumer model or not. The Mrs has 2 Jen-air stoves. One is a electric convection and the other is dual fuel - gas cook top, electric convection plus has a conventional gas range.

IMO, cost of the stove doesn't make any difference in the taste of the food, it's the cook using it. Maybe I'm biased but it's hard to beat the Mrs. when it comes to down-home cooking. A lot of other people feel the same way as she probably turns down 3x the catering she does.

lets try this again tryied last night but kept logging me off

meontd-14.JPG

oh by the way i have hair in this pic but as of now i am reday to shave it off making me mad.

PPO,

I use to subscribe to Consumers Report but was never impressed by them.  My info on the Viking ranges was from resturant owners that use them.  Not sure if they make a comercial & a consumer model or not.  The Mrs has 2 Jen-air stoves.  One is a electric convection  and the other is dual fuel - gas cook top, electric convection plus has a conventional gas range.

IMO, cost of the stove doesn't make any difference in the taste of the food, it's the cook using it.  Maybe I'm biased but it's hard to beat the Mrs. when it comes to down-home cooking.  A lot of other people feel the same way as she probably turns down 3x  the catering she does.

boog - I definitely can't dispute a pro. The nicest oven I've ever used was a Vulcan oven that was in the basement of my church, but I'm pretty sure it would go through most kitchens and make a pretty good dent when it hit the basement floor.

One thing that I've found not so great about consumer reports is that if there's a brand that is lower in volume and higher in quality, they don't usually show up. The viking probably only showed up in the article because of its new found popularity with the "keeping up with the joneses" types here in suburbia. Quite a few of them never get used, but the folks who have them (and don't ever use them) will swear they're the greatest thing since sliced bread because they have managed to spend more on their oven than the neighbor has.

I wouldn't be ashamed to have a viking, or any other pro oven for that matter. I just prefer the AGA cast iron oven, and there are fewer parts in it. The only problem is it runs all the time so it might be hard to justify without having a bunch of little mouths running around barking for food all the time.

One other thing, Boog - I never liked the magazine, either. It's too hard to find anything in it, just like digging through any other magazine. Chances are, you'll get articles in any given month that don't remotely relate to what you're going to buy.

I subscribe to the online service instead. That way, you can go by alphabetical order or search the site and get whatever you'd like rather than sifting through magazines. It's much better as an online service than it ever was as a magazine. Plus, the online service updates periodically, so if they were wrong about something, they amend the story.

We really got a screwing from buying what Consumer Reports rated as the "best wood and deck sealer" for our new deck. They recomended "Cabot" brand stain and sealer. We bought some, in fact gallons of it, at over 20 bucks a gallon, did the entire cedar wood deck according to directions and a year later it had mostly all worn off the floor and the railings. Going to have to power wash and do it again this summer for sure. Going to look at another brand this time. To **** with that Cabot stuff. :angry: