Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRACTOR BOY

What do you look like?

Sorry, I'm guilty as FP. I tend to kind of build a picture of what someone looks like by the words they use and the way they say things. I think it's somewhat natural to do this. :huh:

See Juliet I ain't the only one, yea don't have to pick on me becaue I think differn't .

FP

Found this picture taken last summer, must have been one of the few fine days we had!!

This is me with my two helpers :)

allbym.jpg

Can't find one of the wife, she keeps telling me I only use my camara to take pictures of boring things :(:(

Alex.

That picture doesn't do me any justice, looks like I've got black stripes down my face :(

Did find this one ,maybe a bit better. Funny got 100's of pics on computer, only these two of me :D

meandk.jpg

Maybe look a little better <_<

Alex

Not my best side. This is a picture of me and my wife (Shirley) of almost 29 years. Taken last September aboard the SS Badger. The Badger is a ferry ship that runs on Lake Michigan between Michigan and Wisconson.

geneonbadger3.JPG

By the way, that ship and I were born the same year. 1953

Gene

I'll say that PPO also wasn't what I expected. Sorry man, but I thought you were older.

Nick, I had no Idea that was you. WHy didn't you ever say something?

Mark

Sheesh Mark - I'm older than you are :huh:B) How old do I have to look to be 28? :rolleyes:

I get that comment all the time. All the old ladies at work call me their "Crotchety Old Man". "My husband is 55 and he doesn't act as old as you do". Oh, well.

I haven't seen any real zingers on here yet - with mowhawks and Pink Goatees, but I'm only on page 3 as I type this. I've seen most everyone's picture by examining the RP posts from the past few years.

O-P, thanks for the kind words on my post content - plenty would disagree, I'd bet :)

Ok, I finally found one!

yikes2a.JPG

Ok, I finally found one!

yikes2a.JPG

DAD!!, where have you been? Mom said you just went out for ice cream. :ph34r::lol:

P.S.  Yes, Farmall Power and bindernut look pretty "skrawny" when compared to me and Lenny...LOL

Actually Bill, it's not that Jeremy & I are scrawny, it's that you & Lenny are some BIG piles of poop!

Hope you guys made it home safely. I was there till about 5. I stayed to see who won for their displays & models, and then Andre Phillips & I walked aroung for a while. he's the guy that makes the 1/64 combines out of brass.

Sheesh Mark - I'm older than you are  :huh:  B)  How old do I have to look to be 28?  :rolleyes: on my post content - plenty would disagree, I'd bet  :)

I'll be 28 in about 3 months & a few days!! I don't wknow why I thought you were older, but I did.

DAD!!, where have you been? Mom said you just went out for ice cream. :ph34r:  :lol:

I don't care who you are...that's funny right there!

1468, who's the YL? Girlfriend, friend, or sister?

Nick

Sorry, I'm guilty as FP. I tend to kind of build a picture of what someone looks like by the words they use and the way they say things. I think it's somewhat natural to do this. :huh:

I've never seen a picture of Juliet, but the way I would picture her is, about 5'6", average build and wearing conservitive clothes.

What on earth do you class as conservative clothes?!?! I'm intrigued.

Jules, to some, conservative clothes = all clothes. And you're wearin them in that picture :)

I need your opinion on somethin - at the suggestion of a friend, I'm trying to convince my GF that if we get married, we should have an AGA range in our house. Have any experience with them? I really like the design and the ability to have a regular oven, convection oven, and warmer oven - that and the heat is radiant - much nicer. She likes the Viking type ranges, but they look to me like a sears range with a nice outside, and reviews i've read say they break all the time.

Bill

P.S.  Yes, Farmall Power and bindernut look pretty "skrawny" when compared to me and Lenny...LOL

Well I think Mark got shortened by BR :D Im 6 foot 1.5 now but you Bill you must be 6 foot 3 ? not to much taller but much bigger around :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FP

Here is the only one I have of me on my computer...................And Jonesy is holding up his Ford in it too :D Although my brother said he got his weak frame problem solved :lol:

JonesynTP.JPG

I think I was working on the 400 acouple winters ago when this was taken.

Jules, to some, conservative clothes = all clothes. And you're wearin them in that picture :)

I need your opinion on somethin - at the suggestion of a friend, I'm trying to convince my GF that if we get married, we should have an AGA range in our house. Have any experience with them? I really like the design and the ability to have a regular oven, convection oven, and warmer oven - that and the heat is radiant - much nicer. She likes the Viking type ranges, but they look to me like a sears range with a nice outside, and reviews i've read say they break all the time.

Dave, if you are already talking about ranges etc. you are in too deep!!!! This sounds serious! BE CAREFUL :D

Nick - you're right. In my short history of dating, I've noticed a lot of girls like to move things fast right away (currently at the 3 month mark with this girl) and then when the rubber hits the road, they either split or start to move a little slower. So for the time being, I'm playing along and saying what we'll have in the house and what kind of dog we'll have.

Besides - what man wouldn't want a range like this? Beats the crap out of the new fangled looking things.

3oven_w_comp_black_kitchen1.jpg

And to be proper and credit the source, this came from www.agaranges.com.

PS - don't look at the prices, they'll make your heart skip a beat. They're designed to last over 100 years, and the price shows it.

What on earth do you class as conservative clothes?!?! I'm intrigued.

Ok, my idea of conservitive has nothing to do with politics. I consider conservitive to be close to or the same as, respectful and tasteful. An example situatuation would go something like this: your going to take your kids shopping at the department store. Conservitive would be making the choice between a looser fitting more comfortable pair of jeans and a full, looser fitting top with maybe a vest or sweater over that. "UN"!conservitive would be: the tightest, most revealing pair of jeans and a supertight haltertop with no bra. (I hope I can say "bra" here :blush: )

To me, if I see a woman conservitivly dressed with kids in the store, I think of a happy family mom, with family values and kids that will be raised proper and sucessfully.

When I see a woman UNconservitivly dressed, the first thing that comes to mind is: Skaink!. :wub::ph34r: Probly has no clue who the kids's dads are. Probably has to visit the clinic every week. Kids are already in the court system. You get the idea.

Anyway, I certainly dont mean to offend you or anyone else. I was just letting you know thats what I do when I read what someone has written but dont have a picture to go with the words. :blink: Please dont h@te me for it.

davidn.jpg

I'm the one on the right....except for the blond, that is one of the worst known photographs of me! :blush:

If she likes "Viking" ranges she has expensive tastes. We priced a 6 burner, 1 &1/2 oven ( large oven + small oven). For the range, exhaust hood & s.s. backsplash, the price was over $12,000 :o:o . Even with Momma boog's catering business we couldn't justify the price.

As for reliability of a 'Viking', they are the highest rated commercial oven you can buy.

If she likes "Viking" ranges she has expensive tastes.  We priced a 6 burner, 1 &1/2 oven ( large oven + small oven).  For the range, exhaust hood & s.s. backsplash, the price was over $12,000 :o  :o .  Even with Momma boog's catering business we couldn't justify the price.

As for reliability of a 'Viking',  they are the highest rated commercial oven you can buy.

Boog, they're highly rated, but (for all of you folks who hate Consumer Reports) Consumer Reports .... lemme look for the line in the report....

The food resulting from their cooking wasn't any better than most common ranges. Their Gas/Gas model ranked second to last, because the oven was smaller than other cheaper ranges and didn't produce better results. The Gas/Electric ovens ranked in the middle of a smaller pack.

Since Viking and Dacor are less common, they don't have enough data to make a statistically significant comment about reliability, but the data they have suggests Vikings are among the "more repair prone" gas ranges, and Dacor are about average. (I've never heard of Dacor, but I'll bet the Mrs. has)

That may only mean that if consumer ranges need one repair every three years, that a viking needs a repair every 1 or 2 years, which a pro (like the Mrs.) is less likely to care about, especially if it has more powerful burners and is heavier built. At this point, my GF has no experience with Vikings, just as I have none with AGAs. We're battling based the ranges' appearance.

What you're saying about prices makes them about the same cost-wise as the AGA ranges, which aren't covered because they're too uncommon and aren't a traditional design like a Viking.

There was a report done by 20/20 or someone years ago (maybe 5?) that mentioned that appliance companies' common versions are nearly always more reliable than their upscale versions just because the volume of their sales leads the company to spend more R&D $$$ on the common versions. At the time, they were talking about washers, dryers, dishwashers, ranges and refrigerators.

This isn't commented on in CR, but I'll bet that it's easier to get repair parts for a Viking, and I'd be willing to bet that with the quality comes modular design for ease of repair since they know pros will be using them, and will be unlikely to pitch them at the first problem.

Well, I guess since some of you posted a picture, and no one has broken the site yet, I guess that I will see if my ugly mug can get it broken, please don't laugh, just an ole, fat IH tractor lover, and an ocasional Oilallover too. ;)

post-187-1107715501.jpg