Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD62MB

Decals For TD6 and TD5

19 posts in this topic

I need decals for TD6, 62 series and for a 1959 TD5. I got a website from here for the TD6. It's called BINDER BOOKS in Oregon. They don't have TD5 listed. Has anyone seen the TD6 decals from there? Does it have the large IH decal on the rear of the seat tank? Where can I get decals for the TD5? Also I need the Chrome INTERNATIONAL sign for the hood on the TD5. Where can I find one? Would that sign be the same as another International tractor? Thanks.

Hello TD62MB, there is a forum member on here named T-4 mike, he has reproduction decals for the T4,T5 & TD-5. They are very nice, I have a set on mine. The name plates are a little harder to find, They came on several model Ag tractors: ie 240, 340, 460. I searched for quite a while before a gent from a dealer in Pennsylvania contacted me with a very nice used set. they are out there but it may take a little time to track down a decent set .

Here's a couple of pics of Mikes' decals on my TD-5

post-143-1137171020.jpgpost-143-1137171082.jpg

Doug.

You can get the chrome plates from a supplier in the UK,if you are interested,let me know.

Hello TD62MB, there is a forum member on here named T-4 mike, he has reproduction decals for the T4,T5 & TD-5. They are very nice, I have a set on mine. The name plates are a little harder to find, They came on several model Ag tractors: ie 240, 340, 460. I searched for quite a while before a gent from a dealer in Pennsylvania contacted me with a very nice used set. they are out there but it may take a little time to track down a decent set .

Here's a couple of pics of Mikes' decals on my TD-5

post-143-1137171020.jpgpost-143-1137171082.jpg

Doug.

Beautiful work there TD-5, 1rst close up shots I've seen of it.

I bet I could literally eat off your shop floor, so I must tell you that's

pretty much the only way I can also work, would love to see more photos.

Gilligan

Gilligan

Not only can you eat off the shop floor, there is greenery all around inside too. :D Kinda like the lush type you find on tropical isles. :lol:

mike

Gilligan, Its not the kinda greenery you've been chasing Mary-ann & Ginger around all these years :D , Momma gets to bring her flowering plants in to hibernate for the winter, gotta keep mamma happy ya Know :rolleyes:

I threw some pictures on "yesterdays tractors"a while back, just do a search for TD-5 & they should come up.

Doug

Gilligan, Its not the kinda greenery you've been chasing Mary-ann & Ginger around all these years :D , Momma gets to bring her flowering plants in to hibernate for the winter, gotta keep mamma happy ya Know :rolleyes:

I threw some pictures on "yesterdays tractors"a while back, just do a search for TD-5 & they should come up.

Doug

Thanks there Doug, looks like paradise to me!! I just gotta

know, with your available resources why you chose the TD-5 model &

why this one. I have a T-340 that's way low on the totem pole as far as

getting to it for it's restoration day & I now see with your photos many

similarities.

p.s. it's funny how the girls kept tripping in the jungle

as I do beileve they enjoyed getting caught!!

Gilligan

gilligan, originally bought machine in 93 for job leveling fill for new horse barn, it was very tired at that point. worked it around ranch at various jobs, winter of 98 finally tore out LH steering clutch,& there was alot more wrong with it than just the clutch, machine sat in shop partially disassembled utill it was either "scrap it or fix it" but get it out of the shop. Saw a very nicely restored T-5 on the internet which kinda lit a fire under me, & well the rest is history.

Doug

post-143-1137210800.jpgpost-143-1137210865.jpgpost-143-1137210941.jpg

Yes, that's probably the nicest TD5, I've seen B) , Wow eh!

TD62MB, yeah, I've gotten decals from Binders for an older model 6. They're purdy decent quality. The set I got, came with a smaller IH logo for the back of the tank, but I ordered a larger seperate one. You can get bout any size ya want, not very expensive.

gilligan, originally bought machine in 93 for job leveling fill for new horse barn, it was very tired at that point. worked it around ranch at various jobs, winter of 98 finally tore out LH steering clutch,& there was alot more wrong with it than just the clutch, machine sat in shop  partially disassembled utill it was either "scrap it or fix it" but get it out of the shop. Saw a very nicely restored T-5 on the internet which kinda lit a fire under me, & well the rest is history.

Doug

post-143-1137210800.jpgpost-143-1137210865.jpgpost-143-1137210941.jpg

Sounds like another love story to me, certainly one I

can appreciate, thanks for filling in the gaps for me.

Gilligan

Thanks for the info. There is some yellow paint left on the dozer and after seeing these pictures I guess that is how they came from the factory. I have to adjust the right steering clutch. It will not turn right until the brake kicks in. I see a plate on top of the final drive. Is this where the adjustment is? Also there is a hydraulic fitting with a plug in it in front of the seat. This TD5 has a 3 point but there is no lever to operate it so I'm guessing that it would work if I hooked up a hydraulic hose to it and to the rear hydraulic remote to operate the 3 point.?

steer clutch is adjusted outside tractor using the linkage rod located above the plate you mention, this cover plate is not on the final drive though... its the outboard ones on the rear main case housing. the center cover plate is the main pinion/bevel gear access or in your case the 3 point unit. the hyd fitting i think your talking bout is the hyd. return to the system or dip stick.i think i have a hyd control like the pictured for sale, might be 2 spool?? i'll see if i can find it.

I need decals for TD6, 62 series and for a 1959 TD5. I got a website from here for the TD6. It's called BINDER BOOKS in Oregon. They don't have TD5 listed. Has anyone seen the TD6 decals from there? Does it have the large IH decal on the rear of the seat tank? Where can I get decals for the TD5? Also I need the Chrome INTERNATIONAL sign for the hood on the TD5. Where can I find one? Would that sign be the same as another International tractor? Thanks.

There's a place in the Dallas-Fort Worth area called Express Signs, Phone # 800-589-5799 that will make up decals for you - not to expensive - pretty quick on delivery.

post-2989-1137463838.jpgThat took a while to do but it worked. Since the pic was taken I've fixed the seat so it adjusts and is straight and am getting new seat cushions. I'll try another pic.

post-102-1137464447.jpg

Ok, the hose with the arrow is to lift the three point arms. Gravity lowers them. Probably the PO used the hyd. ports for the 3 point as a rear remote hookup.

post-102-1137464729.jpgpost-102-1137464784.jpg

Steering clutch and brake adjustment pages are from TD-5's manual

post-102-1137464940.gif

If you have the model 15 bullgrader, yellow is correct.

Thanks guys. Another guy was looking for the 3pt. arms for a 500. Anyone have a pic of the complete TD5 3pt?

fyi, only 1 pair of td5 and 1 ih decals left. tanks.