Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

czech

Tractor Pulling

55 posts in this topic

Is there much advantage in running a 466 to 5krpms rather than 3500? I would suspect more HP because of more fual and air needed-that comes with more $$$ and problems.

More rpm taller gear. Taller gear more speed. The faster you go the farther you go. But if you want to run a mph class that doesn't apply. I've found its really had to build for two classes. You really dont get the best of both worlds.

7500 out of a pro stock hmmm ok sure lol Tim Cain Says he launches the Red Gambler @ 6200 rpm out of 672 Cubes Then i also ask Bill Vories on his 5 engine mod and he wishes he could turn over 7000 out of his GM Big blocks. And then i have herd that the Contents Under Pressure Turns less now that its Pro Stock than when it was Super Farm Comes down to what the driver wants to turn as it seems to me most diesels are maxed at 6500

the difference between a 466 that will turn 6000rpm and one that will pull at close to that rpm is vast. Lots in internals are not close to stock. Everything from crank,rods, pistons, head,valves and cam are changed in the top tractors.