Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob ny

td6 ignition

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody no what tractors have the same ignition as a 1957 td6. i need a cap, rotor , points and condesor for it.. Its a coil ignition. i have a tractor supply near me and they have the international caps but they are for tractors not dozers .....

Good Morning bob nv, --- 20 / Dec. / 2005 ---

The motor for your International "TD - 6" would be the same motor used in the Farmall 400(D) (and MD tractors) , I'm thing that it's a #335(D).

Regards, Milton

more likely the 264 diesel? the 335 is the TD-9 engine

A 57' would be the 61 series right, 4cyl? If you're talking bout a mag, they all used the H-4, TD 6& 9's. Imagine the 14 used the H-4 as well but not certain. The gas tractors rotated in the opposite direction but the cap,rotor,points & condenser are the same.

So, the M, MD, W, WD, H, 100's etc (too many to list) all should be the same. HTH :)

PS You can verify if it's an H-4, will be stamped towards the bottom ahead of the serial #.

Still all the same MD through 450. Spark plugs are different from the gas. Plug wires are longer on a 9 but would still work. I have to make my wires any more don't come all ready made.

thanks i will go and see if they look the same. for wires i still have half a set of accel copper core wires i can use lelt over from my ford 2n.....