Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JFarms

!!!!Looking for 2006 Harvest Help!!!!

Once again it is time for us to start our employee search for the 2006 Harvest run.

If you or someone you know is looking for the ag adventure of a lifetime follow the link provided to our website for more information about us and to fill out an application.

Johnson Harvesting Inc.

Even if you aren't looking to go on harvest besure to check out our photos from this last season. Plenty red paint for all here to enjoy.

2005 Photo Album

employment@johnsonharvesting.com

Snyder,%20Ok.jpg

Thanks

From all of us here @ Johnson Harvesting Inc.

Thats a beautiful picture!! I really like seeing pics like those. Any idea where that was taken?

Nice website too. I enjoyed all the photos.

Have looked at that site before. It's still mind boggling. Thanks! :wacko::D

Thanks for the comments guys. The picture was taken near Snyder, Oklahoma as we were traveling to southern Oklahoma to start our run.

The picture was taken by a professional photographer by the name of Tom Childers who takes a few days off in the summer to come and follow us around. He has a website with more pictures from this summer and 2004. Here is the link Tom Childers website

Thanks again guys and send us some new recruits.

JFarms, I'm too old now and I've got my own harvest to handle but I always wanted to do something like that when I was young! Rollie

Jfarms, you really have a great website, LOVE the pictures, wish i woulda went when i had the chance :(:angry: thats what girls will do to ya, you guys really have a great business going there, and it shows in the equipment!! looking forward to the 06' pictures!!

I came real close to going on the harvest run with Scott and Linda Payne in the summer of 1992. If the Carpenters Union hadn't called me when they did in April of 92 I was leaving in May to go to Nebraska. I often wonder how much different my life would have turned out if I hadn't gotten into the Carpenters and had gone with the Paynes that summer. I still have all the correspondence and the brochure they sent me. I would still like to go someday but probably never will.

same here snowman, would i be better off? i dont know. for the experiance, maybe, i have ran ih combines all my life, i even ran an 815 gas, to help a buddy out that was in the hospital, can i run a 88 series, of course, done it, can i run grain buggies yes, can i drive truck? yes, but i prefer straight trucks.

i went out and stayed at a persons house, my buddy went out and worked for a green crew, cant remember the name, the guy was a real jerk, my buddy didn't finish the run, but he met a girl and the next year i went out with him to visit, we stayed at there farm, in kiowa,ks. i took pictures, and i loved every minute of it, took alot of pictures, met alot of people, even helped a farmer unload a semi load of wire tied hay bales. i would like to go back. and visit some of the people that i met, i wish i would have wrote down there names, one time i took off in my buddy's truck in the morning, and told him that i would be back in an hour or so, i wanted to drive around, i saw a RED steiger, fittin ground and i pulled in the drive to watch, i had never seen a fitter that BIG before, when he got to the end, he came over to the truck and said there ya go, its all youres. i was like, sir im from ohio, i was just watching and told him who we stayed with and he was like o, sorry, i thought you were my replacement!! he said the people that we were staying with were great people, he knew them, and said "well while youre here, hop in an ride around with me" i said o.k!! it took us an hour to get to the other end of the field running at 8mph!! wit h a 70ft tool!!. i wont forget that!!! he said that if i ever wanted a job, to look him up. and he would by the steak dinner.

i've never been back, but man, what a trip!!! loved every minute of it!!

Jeff

Oh, if only i wasn't 28 & had a little experience, I'd apply in a heart beat. Would love to go on a harvest run.

Guys, Help me out!!

I was planning on trying to get on a crew. I even started the process to get my CDL about 3 weeks ago. Johnson's was my first choice...... BUT I just realized that the RPRU next summer is about 45 minutes from here. I know if I don't make this one I probably won't make one. Just won't take the time and expense to see a show more than about 175 miles from here. So I have a quandry... See the entire west or see the RPRU and take some of my toys there....... Any thoughts on which choice is best?

I wonder if they would give me a week off to come home for it......

Mike

I considered going on one...............Until I started researching and found nearly all wanted people with CDL's or was willing to get one...........I hauled off our farm with small straight trucks(Loadstars/Fleetstars) and anymore I hate even being on the road in a car...............People drive nuts, atleast around here.

A few decent jobs recently come up in town anyhow, hopefully I have a chance at one or more of them.

Rollie and Blaine, I always dreamed of doing that too! Of course I'd have to hook up with a green crew because that's what I'm used to! ;)^_^

If you are scared to drive the last thing you need to be in the seat of is 80 or more thousand pounds of TRUCK ;)

Went in 79 and if I won the lottery, I believe I'd tell brother we'll fallow out this year, I'm gonna go run a big red combine. Enjoy your site and good luck in 06. Tom

If you are scared to drive the last thing you need to be in the seat of is 80 or more thousand pounds of TRUCK ;)

80K is a light load ain't it Jason?

I've been kicking around the idea of going on harvest run next summer. Be done with school the first week in May and I don't think that the corn and beans will need me here all summer to help them along. I think I can survive one summer without baling straw :lol: I'd love to get out there and see the plains and run a 2388 or truck grain. I should be able to handle both. Plan on getting my CDL early in `06.

Good luck finding recruits. I hope the recruits you get are better than the ones my trade seems to always get hold of lately. :(

80K too light. I am well known for 96-97 K 'red eye' loads. Heard a 318 with 1300 bushel behind it is sorta slow.... some guy from roundtown told me.

I buddy of mine went out West this summer\fall and harvested, he said it was the best time of his life, he told me some good stories, most of which can't be told on here. I have always wanted to do it, I would be happy just driving a tractor, driving a semi would get old real fast, but a combine or tractor would get me the fix, buddy said he put a lot of money in his pocket.... Said they ran for day's and nights on end when they were in the corn... It's not for everyone, but I would LOVE to have a run at it just once, i'm still young too....

I considered going on one...............Until I started researching and found nearly all wanted people with CDL's or was willing to get one...........I hauled off our farm with small straight trucks(Loadstars/Fleetstars) and anymore I hate even being on the road in a car...............People drive nuts, atleast around here.

A few decent jobs recently come up in town anyhow, hopefully I have a chance at one or more of them.

TP,

Out in wheat country the people are few and far between so not very many crazy drivers around.Western Kansas is like being in a different world.Its flat as a floor far as the eye can see.

80K too light. I am well known for 96-97 K 'red eye' loads. Heard a 318 with 1300 bushel behind it is sorta slow.... some guy from roundtown told me.

Actually 1273 bushels, a little over 96K on the scale. 318 knew it had something hooked to its a$$, I'll tell ya that, but it didn't do too d@mn bad. Didn't make it to high hole though :P:blink: Made it beller pretty good, not quit as bad as the 238 with 85K hooked to its tail :D

I'm seriously thinking about going on harvest in 2007. I should graduate and be done with school in May of that year, and if I don't do it then, I never will. I have had several friends that went and still go every year and enjoy it for the most part. Like one of them says "It's harvest....just about the only good way to describe it." I've got the machinery and trucking experience, although I'm sure there are more things than I could imagine I would learn and see if I went. For some reason, I'm kind of fond of truck driving. Just seeing some different areas would be a big part of it as well. I'm pretty sure if I don't go I'm going to be kicking my own arse for years to come.

I'm seriously thinking about going on harvest in 2007. I should graduate and be done with school in May of that year, and if I don't do it then, I never will. I have had several friends that went and still go every year and enjoy it for the most part. Like one of them says "It's harvest....just about the only good way to describe it." I've got the machinery and trucking experience, although I'm sure there are more things than I could imagine I would learn and see if I went. For some reason, I'm kind of fond of truck driving.  Just seeing some different areas would be a big part of it as well. I'm pretty sure if I don't go I'm going to be kicking my own arse for years to come.

I feel pretty much the same as you Jon. My summer break is from the 4th of May until the end of August and would really like to go this year and then again in `08 after I graduate. I'm partial to driving truck as well and you'd get to meet a lot more people driving truck than running the combine on a harvest run. I wouldn't mind running a combine all day though, not something I get to do much around here :huh:

I'm seriously thinking about going on harvest in 2007. I should graduate and be done with school in May of that year, and if I don't do it then, I never will. I have had several friends that went and still go every year and enjoy it for the most part. Like one of them says "It's harvest....just about the only good way to describe it." I've got the machinery and trucking experience, although I'm sure there are more things than I could imagine I would learn and see if I went. For some reason, I'm kind of fond of truck driving.  Just seeing some different areas would be a big part of it as well. I'm pretty sure if I don't go I'm going to be kicking my own arse for years to come.

Do it Jon.You only live once.Lots of us on here regret not doing it.

I know a custom cutter from Pond Creek,OK that runs (2) Gleaners and has made the run for years..In the off season he and his wife(shes from my area) deal in antiques that they pick up every year during the harvest run.They are off the beaten path and get to see stuff that not very many do.They say its a blast.

The only year they didnt enjoy it was July 1993 when western Kansas got 10-20" of rain.I think he said that they were a month cutting a customers 1200 acres in the Colby,KS area.They got stuck so many times he lost track.