Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glenn-WV

Tsunami photos from space

A friend of mine does work for a satellite imaging company called Digital Concepts. The company satellite just happened to be snapping photos of Sri Lanka at the time the tsunami hit the country's coast; he sent me this link to images of the tidal waves as they hit the coast:

http://www.digitalglobe.com/sample_imagery.shtml

A warning - the photos are rather large, and they'll take a while to download on a dialup connection. :unsure:

Note the amount of beach sand and soil dragged back out into the ocean ... kinda interesting

That's unreal Glenn thanks for showing that......

Boy! that is some thing else and sure is proof that Uncle is watching. Unbelieveable how much detail that is showing.

Boy! that is some thing else and sure is proof that Uncle is watching. Unbelieveable how much detail that is showing.
The resolution in those photos is approximately two feet. The military has far higher resolution satellite photography, of course. I read once that military reconaissance satellites can read an automobile license plate from orbit. :o:unsure: Don't know if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

Hi Tech stuff....scary