Sign in to follow this  
Farmall8061964

Super M clutch problem

I have a 52 super m, it is the early style with the belly pump and the spring seat. Clutch in it was bad so i ordered a new clutch. It is a hycapacity clutch. The 12 in clutch that i took out had the hub in the center of the pressure plate for the later 400 to hook up the pto. There was some scraping on the belly pump from the release fingers nuts on the belly bump where they were hitting. i ordered the clutch for the super m and put it in. then i could not turn the engine over. The adjustment nuts on the fingers were hitting the belly pump and it could not turn. pulled the belly pump and put the 5027ed style tank on it and put it back together. Started reading and the 5027 EE is the one that is supposed to clear the clutch, but it does not. ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN DO WITH THIS THING???

Are you saying a ED was installed now?  If the EE sloped down at the white mark instead of a step like the ED and below housings is being used something besides the pump is the problem.

v902.jpg

DSCN0619.JPG

You need the pressure plate with the screws by the throw out bearing not the one with set screws and lock nuts by the pivot part # 357299OIL

6 minutes ago, R190 said:

You need the pressure plate with the screws by the throw out bearing not the one with set screws and lock nuts by the pivot part # 357299OIL

do you have a picture of it?

Just now, Farmall8061964 said:

do you have a picture of it?

Just go to the hy-capacity web site type in the number under search they have a picture

2 minutes ago, R190 said:

Just go to the hy-capacity web site type in the number under search they have a picture

sounds good, i will call them monday, can i use the same clutch disk?

2 hours ago, Farmall8061964 said:

sounds good, i will call them monday, can i use the same clutch disk?

WHAT disk did you get?