Sign in to follow this  
gonzo 1066

Transmission pictures.

This will be a LONG term project,  Dont know if I will finish in a year or 5..   Hope to take it to Wisconsin to hook with Badger State Tractor Pullers sometime before I am too old to do it.       I am building a tube frame for it.  Thinking of a coil over front end.  The engine block is a late 468 big lifter block, I have custom pistons and special (green) rods for it.   The 466 that is in the tractor is just for mockup..Someone forgot that water gets hard in the winter.(NOT ME)!!   Getting a custom cam done in Wisconsin, roller lifters will be the stock truck units.  Lemke tractor in Wisconsin made me some steel roller rockers and the aluminum front engine plate. .   The flywheel and clutch assembly is a Hypermax 3 disc unit.  

THUMPER TRANSMISSION 009.jpg

THUMPER TRANSMISSION 010.jpg

THUMPER TRANSMISSION 011.jpg

THUMPER TRANSMISSION 012.jpg

THUMPER TRANSMISSION 013.jpg

Looking good.  Is Lemke doing your cam, if so you will be happy.  I

46 minutes ago, twood19541 said:

Looking good.  Is Lemke doing your cam, if so you will be happy.  I

Yes  Robbie is cutting the cam..  He has such a cool shop, and a nice attitude. 

He did my cam, and head work.  Very good quality.  How big a turbo you doing run.  

This is being built for the BSTPA 466 class     3X3 charger

Sound like your engine will be similar to my LLSS is.  I also used the green rods and Edsen and Robbie picked the parts for the build.  Hope to see you run some day.  

Looks like someone been grinding on the lugs on the RH tire. :)

35 minutes ago, 1967806 said:

Looks like someone been grinding on the lugs on the RH tire. :)

On the antique pullers I use a 110v planer to sharpen tires.     This tractor will wind up with pro double cut 20.8X38s , when it is done. 

19 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

On the antique pullers I use a 110v planer to sharpen tires.     This tractor will wind up with pro double cut 20.8X38s , when it is done. 

The double cut 20.8's hand made or can you buy them that way now? I see firestone builds a puller tire now but was thinking they were 30.5's.

21 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

There are a couple of manufacturers that are making a 20.8X38 just for pulling. https://www.propullertires.com/home.html

Did not know that. See they even make 18.4x38's.