augercreek

FUSTRATION

Have any of you watched a more frustrating program than Oak Island ?

Did they find the treasure yet? I watched part of an episode a year or more ago and they were looking for some treasure?

Typical "Reality" show, nothing but crap! If they were serious they could have ripped the whole island down to nothing by now.

I read a book about "Oak Island" when I was in high school, and I'm past my 50th reunion.........:o

Mike

I follow it in pieces  only 10 minutes is new of any episode 

been searching 200 years

govt passed a law they get most/all of the treasure  with no costs ,and  stifle any reasonable means  to get there .

if not for the viewers paying they would never get it out

is interesting how 3-500 years ago  manual labor  dug and built ocean traps 180' deep  ,navigated around the world before school says it was possible 

Every time I watch the news I get frustrated so I gave it up. Never watched Oak Island so I don't know what I am missing. Reality(?) shows?

I watch it, I like to see the equipment and the things they find.  I to get sick of the constant repeating of the last episode and the last season.  At some point I’m sure I’ll have my fill.

I watch it in bits and pieces, generally enjoy it, something a little different from the usual TV crap. It's about the only TV show I watch. I have managed to keep up with Vikings, Outlander (sort of) and Game of Thrones. Well I watch the episodes online, never actually on TV...I can't stand the darn commercials. If a channel expects me to watch five minutes of episode and ten minutes of commercials, they best not hold their breath.

I have watched it and enjoy most of it. Is a lot of it staged for TV?  You bet it is. I can't stand vampires, comic book characters, witches, and all that garbage so a show that is plausible is fine by me. Do I think they will find tons of gold? No, but they will need to find something more than a few bits of metal and buttons to pay for all that digging and equipment use. :)

I do watch it. It's not my favorite show, actually none of them really are any more but that's kind of beside the point lol. I don't mind watching the equipment. I'm a little skeptical at times if they're actually finding things buried that deep in the ground but parts of it are interesting.

I've never watched the show but do recall reading about the mystery way back in the 1960s. Might have been the Readers Digest edition. 50 years later and they still haven't found it?

What drives me up the wall is the people that watch a crap load of TV and movies then when they talk at work about certain things they reference the movie/actor as if it were a real thing. Co worker was referencing Tony Stark industries or whatever the fictitious company name was as if it were real. Or the people talk like a zombie apocalypse is going to happen.

7 hours ago, augercreek said:

Have any of you watched a more frustrating program than Oak Island ?

That's why I quit watching it after the first season.  If they do find something we will hear about on social media long before they air it on TV.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, 1965Dennis said:

Every time I watch the news I get frustrated so I gave it up. Never watched Oak Island so I don't know what I am missing. Reality(?) shows?

YOUR NOT MISSING MUCH. I HATE IT  NOW PAWN STARS OR AMERICAN PICKERS I LIKE.

I've pretty much given up on reality TV. Since all of it is staged. If you disagree, just ask yourself how did the camera or cameraman always happen to be just at the right place for the wreck or equipment breakdown or whatever the issue of the day is.

What probably irks me just as much as the staging is the attempt to make you think things are different that they appear. The Alaska shows and the Mountain Man shows come to mind. They are supposed to be in some remote area, but then oops, that looks like a gravel road., or what were those houses in the background. Alaska The Last Frontier.... all the family have a 7 figure net worth , yes it is a homestead, where is it.... a couple miles outside Homer Alaska, and a paved road runs next to their property.    

Or...we are out of fire wood, and it's 40 below outside.... you didn't know it was going to get cold, or you didn't notice that you were down to 5 pieces of firewood.         Same with only 1 piece of meat left...... I've lived in remote Montana, and believe me, nobody was starving (or my neighbors), and it didn't matter what time of year it was (if ya know what I mean).       Or the Gold diggers that are all millionaires, but this latest (staged) breakdown is going to put them in the poor house.       Or the person who is going to freeze to death.... but if I get to cold, I'll just go over to the heated tent with the camera crew.

Survivor.... I've been through survival training.... give them a K-bar and 2 matches. Tell them we'll be back in a month, and whoever is still standing wins.  That one I'd watch.

Having said all the above, I do watch the Last Alaskans because I like the people. (I know it's staged too....sometimes it just doesn't seem like it is 'staged as much')

The more I type, the more pissed I get.. that's why I don't watch them anymore.    But I guess, it is like wrestling.... it's entertainment, it's not supposed to be real.

I do watch it on DVR.  I agree it is literally 45% flashbacks to the last episode.  If you skip though it takes 15 min to see whole show that's new content.  It is fascinating though.  How for 200 years several groups have found just enough to make you go "what the?" and keep looking.  I have always been intrigued by the Knights Templar story as well.  But it is real hard to find factual info of them but they were a Order who the Church used to protect pilgrims to Israel.  They reallllly reach when describing them.  "Could it be", "Did they?" etc etc.  I dont understand how the guy in the 60s who dozed a big chunk never found anything.  Buddy does video stuff for State Farm Bureau and he was saying there is 0 "real" TV but COPS.  He said he has tried over years to make "real" videos of families etc and you just cant ever be there at the right time.  So you have to repeat it or film 24/7 and spend 100s of hours to edit it to look like something.  Now the current plan of doing the 4' holes after the grid.....why the heck didnt they do the grid idea 3 years ago?  Makes a ton of sense if they are serious.  Wonder what their contract is worth with History?  Seem like legit guys but I think they are getting "into" the fame/$ now.  If you look up "yellow journalism" you will see what Discovery/History is doing.

Gold Rush....buddy met those guys in a Bar in OR about 2 seasons into show.  They were normal guys just trying to get something.  Now....Why dont you wear Volvo hats too?  The kid and Old guy from Holland are only real ones I think...havent watched it for yeaaaars.  Cant believe its still on.  

Supposedly the treasure was buried 100s of years ago, I find it hard to believe they could've dug that deep 195' without having trouble with water! They're below sea level for cripes sake! And then to have dug all these flooding tunnels without cave ins'?

2 hours ago, augercreek said:

Supposedly the treasure was buried 100s of years ago, I find it hard to believe they could've dug that deep 195' without having trouble with water! They're below sea level for cripes sake! And then to have dug all these flooding tunnels without cave ins'?

And what kind of work force would it have taken to get it done in any kind of timely manner? I only watch very rarey but it is interesting

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

And what kind of work force would it have taken to get it done in any kind of timely manner? I only watch very rarey but it is interesting

One word, ALIENS!!!!, and I don't mean the ones that come across the border. They did Stonehenge,  temples in the mountains of South America, Easter Island ,etc, etc ,etc. Couple hundred feet of hole be a piece of cake.

Dennis

Farmers should know something about net worth being meaningless. You can be "worth" millions of dollars but if it's all tied up in land and equipment... You can't eat a tractor.