MTO

So what DID happen to him?

What ever happened to Tom Ogle?

The more I read, the more interesting the saga gets. 

Died in 1981. 

I had to Google him. I think I remember reading about it possibly in popular mechanics? I would have been 9 when he died.....

And when I saw the thread heading and I saw was written by MTO I said oh boy this is going to be a good one......

I thought well possibly it's about hot-plug. I am not sure if he got stuck fast to a maple tree or something. He has disappeared 

maybe we should ask mulder

but basically the same as tesla

about that time around the shop we heard of several others easily getting 25-50 out of trucks with simple mods,which was quickly quashed out with the big push to EFI   15-20 where we had 7-12 on a QJ

I was getting 22-30 + out of stock diesel .30 ,so didnt really care then,but those mysteriously died also

11 hours ago, bitty said:

I thought well possibly it's about hot-plug. I am not sure if he got stuck fast to a maple tree or something. He has disappeared 

LOL. My thoughts exactly

i had never heard of him

I don`t doubt ANY of the stories like this about great inventions being bought/buried/disclaimed. 

I would hate to think our current way of doing things is the best we can do, na. BS!

Greed is a POWERFUL trait. 

11 hours ago, MTO said:

I don`t doubt ANY of the stories like this about great inventions being bought/buried/disclaimed. 

I would hate to think our current way of doing things is the best we can do, na. BS!

Greed is a POWERFUL trait. 

Greed - why do you think the push about global warming/climate change is as strong as it is? It isn’t about global warming...

14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

LOL. My thoughts exactly

HP

13 minutes ago, Hot Plug said:

HP

Glad you are still checking on us HP. 

7 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Glad you are still checking on us HP. 

X2

Sad story, who really knows the truth at this point in time...... Very interesting concept tho. I wonder if the car and system still exists.  Doubt it....Wonder how he made it all work.....and wonder if anybody has tried to duplicate it just as an experiment? 

You guys ever stop and think that maybe it was a hoax? Could be he took someone for some money and was forced OD'ed  because of it. Or that someone was onto his hoax and he killed himself because of it? Just a thought? I'd think that more likely. The car companies would have been all over him if it really worked. Really doubt he'd have wound up in the desert dead of an OD. But I know, the oil companies are evil so they had to be behind it......prove it!

Rick

Googled him yesterday. A whole series of articles came up. Some conflicted each other. One said, i believe, that he was found in desert in his car. Another said he went to a friends after being at a bar and collapsed. Weather he was self medicating himself for depresion for any number of reasons and oded or comitted suicide or was murdered who really knows or can prove at this point. Nothing would suprise me including a murder, but again who knows. 

I just wanna know if it was real and how it worked......interesting imo. 

6 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Googled him yesterday. A whole series of articles came up. Some conflicted each other. One said, i believe, that he was found in desert in his car. Another said he went to a friends after being at a bar and collapsed. Weather he was self medicating himself for depresion for any number of reasons and oded or comitted suicide or was murdered who really knows or can prove at this point. Nothing would suprise me including a murder, but again who knows. 

I just wanna know if it was real and how it worked......interesting imo. 

I wonder what happened to his truck?

43 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

You guys ever stop and think that maybe it was a hoax? Could be he took someone for some money and was forced OD'ed  because of it. Or that someone was onto his hoax and he killed himself because of it? Just a thought? I'd think that more likely. The car companies would have been all over him if it really worked. Really doubt he'd have wound up in the desert dead of an OD. But I know, the oil companies are evil so they had to be behind it......prove it!

Rick

It`s too bad you don`t trust anyone Rick.... sniff...sigh. 

3 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

I wonder what happened to his truck?

Truck? I know he had his "carb" setup on a 427 Ford car. 

Several different cars and engine displacements mentioned from article to article as well. Dont know if it was reporter errors or if more than one car was in fact used.

There was an article in farm show magazine about some brothers who developed a way to vaporize gasoline in their diesel pickup and were getting 100 mpg iirc.

In my way or thinking there's no reason , ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, we shouldn't be getting a hundred miles a gallon by now in these little cars that are common. Back in 90 when I was a senior I had a nine-year-old Chevy Chevette I bought from my cousin and I got 30 miles to the gallon being an 18 year old....

And I should put in perspective that I went from my '79 blazer,400 small block, 6 mpg to my '81 (che)vete getting 30 mpg. My driving didn't change

Come guys think about it. What happens to an engine that runs too lean? Then there are physics involved too that make me question the whole thing. You have to have X amount of fuel and X amount of air just to make an engine run.

I really think the guy was running a hoax, got some cash up front then figured he was going to go to jail.....and had one heck of a party. Kinda like that guy with the hydrogen generator run car. Had the one news show making a big deal out of it...then they found out it was a hoax. Darned thing wouldn't generate enough hydrogen to drive the car around a city block.

Rick

I had a '75 Datsun B210 that had a little 85 c.i.d. pushrod engine with a little 2-barrel carburetor. 4 speed, no O.D.

Topped out at 105 one night in a long river bottom.  Took a long time to get there.

It got an honest 38 mpg on a trip.  It was rated about 85 h.p., weighed 2000 lb. had dealer installed a.c., 13" bias tires, interior door panels that were one step above cardboard. and cost around $3500. It was not quick, but it got the job done.

The 2018 Nissan Sentra is rated 37 mpg highway, weighs around 3000 lb., has features not even dreamed of in 1975, and costs around $20,000.

A super-low weight car with a small, fuel injected gas engine, or a small turbo diesel, geared for economy, could deliver very impressive mpg figures now, but from what I understand,  EPA and NHSTB regs won't allow them to be built.

my dad knew fisher personally and his carb actually worked and was bought by one of the big oil company's dad said he was afraid for his life and the money was too good so he sold out. but IMO its always been about the money and if ya'll could follow the money trail the truth would be known russ  

Aluminum bodies, to have less weight to carry, but then more added EPA garbage to get cleaner. Better mileage don't matter. It's cleaner in the eyes of the government. Big oil is in the business of making money selling oil.

If I was Trump I would ask the auto engineers to build a prototype car throwing all the EPA Regs out the window. To just see, since a lot of the Regs came out in the 70's, what can be done now with diesel, gas, LP, fuel injection and anything that burns. Burn less fuel, more efficiently and you automatically get less pollution. The government don't realize this goes hand in hand.

I have to agree with OldTanker, the laws of physics do prevail. Is there a secret around it? Possible?????????????????????

I don't know about the US but here in ontario when you fill at &1:00 (it's 1:16 now) gst is 13Cents  Prov tax 14c  fed 11c for total of 38cents per liter. your gallon is 3.8 liters ours is 4.5.  Times that by 3.8 comes $144.40  Do you really think our politicians want us to double our gas  milage?-----I don't think so.