Sign in to follow this  
Missouri Mule

Me 25 yrs ago

This isn't as thrilling as some of the old black and whites... 

i thought this photo was lost and it was a special time for me. When I was 10 or so I wanted to pull the H at the local fair. I didn't think dad would let me but not only did he let me, he spent a fair amount of time painting it up and tuning the old girl up. The paint isn't perfect or even 100% correct, but it shined for a 10 y/o. Funny story was a day before the "big day" I was down below the dry lot at the old farm in the machine shed trying to start it to pull it up to load on the trailer. Dad was way up at the barn 200 yards away or so. Somehow the starter button stuck and started melting all the wiring. I hopped off and ran out hollering for Dad. I'll never forget how fast he ran down and cleared that fence like Forrest Gump, slid into the shed and ripped the battery cable off. Well i thought my parade was over, but dad hand cranked it over and said pull it up to the shop. He completely rewired the tractor that evening so I could still use it the next day. Well not that a H has much wiring but again to a 10 Y/o it was a miracle. We made it, I pulled and did OK. Learned a stock tractor pull wasn't always stock. Good lesson in life, but I had a blast anyway. I did it 2 or 3 years in a row each year getting better and learning more. Well anyway Thanks Dad I know your up there reading this. 

Heres another of me and the old man. 

And for fun his dad on his H. 

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

Great pictures Mule!! Good memories..

Alan

Nice pics Mule.  

good stuff man! I wish I had more pics of the stuff dad and I did with our '47 M.

Good story and thanks for sharing the pictures. I see you like to drink Mountain Dew too. :)

26 minutes ago, 1967806 said:

Good story and thanks for sharing the pictures. I see you like to drink Mountain Dew too. :)

I'm sure that was just one of his sponsors for the pull ;)

Keep those photos in a very safe place! 

Neat pics. Very neat story.

Great pictures and memories. I just went through  about 10 photo albums.  Found a picture of me and now deceased old friend with my 37 Ford coupe. I am sending a copy to his son I only met when he was a tyke. 

Maybe just a coincide but your dad could have been a twin to the dentist that used to be up here in North Dakota he was from the kc area of Missouri.

No relation up that way to my knowledge Dale. 

Thanks guys. I know it isnt that old but it was just a fun time in my life. Not a day goes by i don't miss talking with Dad and that was one time I can't forget. It's been about 9 months since he passed. This next photo I have framed in my house. It was just a couple days before he passed holding my little girl in front of our 656 that we just painted last spring. As you can see he loved tractors and kids. 

image.jpg

Great pictures of great memories. Definitely keep them in a safe place.

This is why, I prefer the farm life. (countrylife) There are tough times, but good memorries are more plentiful IMO.

Been almost ten years since my dad died and I pretty much talk to him every day.

1AC91E70-0BB3-4FC2-91C8-D16C312BCAA6.jpeg

On 1/4/2018 at 12:46 PM, 1086plowboy said:

This is why, I prefer the farm life. (countrylife) There are tough times, but good memorries are more plentiful IMO.

You got that right. Our farm has changed sooo much since I was a kid. Truthfully if I didn't have a good job it wouldn't be afloat. But I want to raise my kids the same way. Putting up square bales, round baling. Crops, Cattle, working on equipment/tractors. I hope my kids enjoy farm life just as much as I do. I know both kids love to feed animals. We have hogs, chickens, cattle.

I always joke no one ever taught me to fish but the truth is Dad always had something to do and sitting down with a pole wasn't on the agenda. I think my kids I will make a point to go and have fun. 

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I always joke no one ever taught me to fish but the truth is Dad always had something to do and sitting down with a pole wasn't on the agenda. I think my kids I will make a point to go and have fun. 

Amen to that!  

Great Memories !

Like others have said keep those pic's safe.

Country life is great , and much of this tractor preservation is linked to those great memories and attachment to our family members.

Tony