Sign in to follow this  
mader656

Grain bins are never permanent

Future woodshed it's got a wooden floor...needs to be in the yard close to buildings....

0103181128.jpg

0103181125c.jpg

Re-purposing is good mader.

Finding all kinds of things to do with that re-fabbed blade!

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Re-purposing is good mader.

Finding all kinds of things to do with that re-fabbed blade!

That pintle hose holder came in handy....

Id have gotten more pictures but one I got moving I did not want to stop...I expected to fight it all the way but it came good so I did not stop....

Now the fun part filling it...

I need a old elevator hmm....

Looks good Mader!  

One of my friends sons re purposed one as a bird house for guineas. Before that it was a wood shed, and before that it was actually used as a grain bin. So it goes to show, things can be reused multiple times. Good job Mader!!!!!

Alan

Good use for a grain bin. I've seen others do the same for wood storage. Works well.

Filling it grain bin hold a lot of wood...

0106181302.jpg

Mader----

What all did you do on your door modification (if any)??

I keep thinking about converting one or two of my 24 ft bins into dry storage.  It's got a concrete floor base with the false aeration floor.   Been thinking about ideas on an 8+/- ft wide door.  Got some ideas-----but open to suggestions.

Total capacity and auger configuration is just about too small/slow to keep up with modern combine capacity these days.  Old storage building is falling in-----might as well use what I have.

DD

45 minutes ago, Delta Dirt said:

Mader----

What all did you do on your door modification (if any)??

I keep thinking about converting one or two of my 24 ft bins into dry storage.  It's got a concrete floor base with the false aeration floor.   Been thinking about ideas on an 8+/- ft wide door.  Got some ideas-----but open to suggestions.

Total capacity and auger configuration is just about too small/slow to keep up with modern combine capacity these days.  Old storage building is falling in-----might as well use what I have.

DD

Just the normal door but the braces are cut out....so I don't if no grain it shouldn't need much support with no wall pressure....I I was to put in a larger door I'd frame it with square tube or angle steel. 

Lots of grain bin storage round here....

Think I will get the aeration floor pulled-----and go forward from there.

The bottom ring is set in concrete which will have to be cut-----but do think I will need a sturdy framework for the door so to keep structure strength in place.

I just saw a bin damaged from a windstorm on a farm I was inspecting recently------probably lucky it was empty when storm hit.  Did not take roof off-----but put a big crunch in roof and the back side of bin.  The strength of the bin is dependent on the circle being complete.

Your wood shed looks good-----and you've got firewood on hand in case Mama throws you out of house!!!;)

DD