Have a friend that is looking to buy a new trailer. Probably a 25 or 30 foot with a 5 foot beaver tail to haul mostly hay and some equipment and will mostly be hiway or decent road miles. 30 + 5 is most likely the preferred size.

I know there are many options now compared to a few years ago. Super singles is now even an option versus dual tandems and hydraulic tail tilt versus beaver and ramps are even an affordable option I have heard.

Just wondering brand and options you all would be leaning towards, and with a budget. No lottery winners by anyone I know, as that would change everything. 

Thanks for input. 

While I love the super single's they rut in soft hay fields and will make your truck spin vs a dual tandem that will float.

I pulled a 35+5 dual tandem loaded heavy everyday across a large ranch last year and wished it had a large torque tube as the flex with haylage was scary.

IMG_20161111_101245137.jpg

Because you asked what I would want...first thing a 30+5 is almost useless around my farm. I use mine to haul hay in and out of fields. Now that we all have 4 door long bed pickups you hook that monster behind you need 20' gates and wide roads everywhere. A 20+5 is bad enough. If you are setup to get that big of trailer in/out then by all means get one. That big of trailer would be tandem dual. I like low Profile where the frame is even with the top of deck and above wheels are plated. Fold over ramps. Either mega wide or pop up center. Either one allows you to stack all the way back. Dual jacks with 2 speed. Locking tool box with lid to keep hay out of chain box. Keeps your straps and binders from walking off. Spare tire with a basket between neck above lets you store cheater pipes and wood blocks for loading/hauling. I prefer oak floor because things stay put but you have to keep up with it. Treated pine is fine. Adjustable coupler with a jack handle is very nice. If you have a tall pickup with a bed like my dodge you can adjust the coupler very easily. I still like spring suspension because they handle overloading better imo vs torsion. If I were gonna order one tommorow that's roughly what it would be except 22+5 or 25+5. I'm pretty conservative 

I have had a P.J. low- pro for five years . Love it !

20 x10 dove.  Tandem duals .

Handles great behind my  09 2500 Duramax .

We do not handle round hay out here but I know guys that haul three wire squares on theirs regularly with no problems.

Tony 

Just now, SMiller said:

I pulled a 35+5 dual tandem loaded heavy everyday across a large ranch last year and wished it had a large torque tube as the flex with haylage was scary.

Where did you want the torque tube?  What was flexing?

My cousin has that on his. Also somebody makes another deal that's torsion bars somehow I've seen. I couldn't tell much difference but I'm sure in the right conditions like above mentioned it would be cats Jammie's.