Sign in to follow this  
Missouri Mule

Toy tractor

My mom found this in a trinket store of some sort so she bought it and another one for me for Xmas. Dad used to pick me up one here and there and give them to me as gifts. So I'm not very savvy but they never made a 88 series open station did they?? Maybe the cab got blown off by a kid over the years. Here's my little collection of gifts over the years also. 

Cab was optional on 30-3288 if I recall correctly.

ya that's a 30-3288 toy they were mass produced I think they were intended for the sandbox more than on the shelf 

I have one new in the box I think I paid $10 years ago 

Looks like they have a good coat of fun on them....:P

Mike

Just now, Missouri Mule said:

So I'm not very savvy but they never made a 88 series open station did they?? Maybe the cab got blown off by a kid over the years. Here's my little collection of gifts over the years also. 

Cab is NOT missing.  I have the same one.

There was one at our house and at my great grandmother's house when I was a kid . Not precise iirc 

That is refered to as a 3088.  $5 dime store toy. Never had a cab.

I don't remember seeing them with the International decal, but they were sold as a generic tractor at department stores.

Maybe the ones with decals were only sold thru IH dealers.

"3088"  generic sandbox toy.  I have cut the front off of a few and mounted it to the rear of a busted 2+2 or 86 series rear end to make a realistic 3288 or 3488 cab tractor.

the 3088 replaced the 544 as the el-cheap-o IH toy tractor.  It is actually undersized for a 3088...more like a 1/18th scale instead of 1/16th.

At least the 544 let you make some nice customs back in the day...(656 utilities)....the 3088 was a plain old toy ONLY....