Happy New Year from Alabama. We are 162 days from the opening day of The World's Largest Showcase of International Harvester Products at Red Power Round Up ---June 13-16th, 2018 at Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Alabama. So this can be the start of the countdown to all the fun and festivities. I don't know that I can post everyday but I will be around to answer questions and will keep everyone informed as new and exciting things come along. Check out the website at www.rpru2018.com and Facebook page at Red Power Round Up 2018 for more information. Today is the last day to get the early bird special for the 314 Cotton Picker Toy-- if you have not done that yet you might want to look at that. Also, golf cart reservations are now available online so you might want to do that before they are all sold out so you don't have to walk. I know many of you are in a deep freeze this morning and I don't want you to throw snowballs at me but I actually had to wear a coat this morning--it was 20 degrees--but it has warmed up to about 40 degrees with sunshine now -- so I am out of my coat.

I've been starting to make plans, wife found it was close to her cousin so she and the kids want to go.  Randy I'll be sending you a contract that you have to sign saying you guarantee nice temps, no bugs and big sales!

That should be no problem. I will supply the hand held fan, the bug spray, and I will break my piggy bank (currently has $3.52 but expect more by the time roundup gets here-- depends on how much of the allowance my wife gives me I can save) and spend all that money with you--so you have a guaranteed sale.

I will guarantee that you will have a "Cotton-Pickin' Good Time" and if you don't it won't be because we didn't try our best to extend Southern Hospitality !!!!

Looking forward to it!!  one question; let us know when we can get into the campground early.  Got a spot reserved but may want to show up a few days early.

jerry

The camping rules state that the earliest you can get into the campground will be Sunday June 10th after 2 p.m. that would be the Sunday before the show starts on Wednesday June 13th.

Jerry--we would love for you to come early so we can get some more of your money--it spends real well--just a little crusty from being buried out back so long.

Randy,

We are sure planning on it . God willing and Creek don't rise !

We have our camping spot reserved (,I hope ) ordered my two 314 pickers at Des Moines , Today ordered golf cart.  Are there any real 314's one could order?:ph34r: Carol would KILL me :o

Now, all I need is to get Motor  home serviced and get through my show in Tulare on April 20-21-22 of which I am Chairman, then Get through the Pismo Ca. Car show with the I.H. P.U. 1st & 2nd June and head to Alabamer  straight from  Pismo . Leave P.U. in trailer here, take it home when we get back. At least we'll be three hours closer to you from Pismo.:lol:

If we leave on third or fourth we should arrive before RPRU starts . Hoping for arrival by 12th.

Gee, I am huffing and puffing already,:wacko:

BTW, hope Jerry, Danny  and others can park close by , WE need RPRU Coffee before show every morning and Very important board meetings after. Usually Brady Boy chairs meetings but last Year 2 + 2 guy was interim chair .He Did good job ,We consumed lot of Cali. Red wine, B.S.ed till the cows came home  and tabled all business indefinitely.

Tony

5 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Randy,

We are sure planning on it . God willing and Creek don't rise !

We have our camping spot reserved (,I hope ) ordered my two 314 pickers at Des Moines , Today ordered golf cart.  Are there any real 314's one could order?:ph34r: Carol would KILL me :o

Now, all I need is to get Motor  home serviced and get through my show in Tulare on April 20-21-22 of which I am Chairman, then Get through the Pismo Ca. Car show with the I.H. P.U. 1st & 2nd June and head to Alabamer  straight from  Pismo . Leave P.U. in trailer here, take it home when we get back. At least we'll be three hours closer to you from Pismo.:lol:

If we leave on third or fourth we should arrive before RPRU starts . Hoping for arrival by 12th.

Gee, I am huffing and puffing already,:wacko:

BTW, hope Jerry, Danny  and others can park close by , WE need RPRU Coffee before show every morning and Very important board meetings after. Usually Brady Boy chairs meetings but last Year 2 + 2 guy was interim chair .He Did good job ,We consumed lot of Cali. Red wine, B.S.ed till the cows came home  and tabled all business indefinitely.

Tony

Shoot Tony, just keep that trailer hooked on and bring it along.  Sure it would be a good draw.  Just don't stop at any abandon gas stations!!!

Would be nice if we could all camp together.  Since we know someone (Hint Randy!!!) we should get a little special treatment!!

Depending on things at home, we want to get there on Sunday.

jerry

Sure is something nice to look forward to during these bitter cold days. We haven't decided yet if we are flying or driving. Either way I sure hope to enjoy coffee at Tony's in the morning and board meetings in the evening. Hope Brady Boy will be there to resume his chairman position. It's a tuff job but someone has to do it.:D

44 minutes ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Sure is something nice to look forward to during these bitter cold days. We haven't decided yet if we are flying or driving. Either way I sure hope to enjoy coffee at Tony's in the morning and board meetings in the evening. Hope Brady Boy will be there to resume his chairman position. It's a tuff job but someone has to do it.:D

You did a fine job In Brady Boy's absense John. 

Seriously doubt that I will make it.

But here is to a "Cotton pickin" good time by all.  Am sure Randy will do a good job of representing the deep South area for us.

Hoping everybody goes back home with a "southernnn drawwllll"!!!!!!!

Delta Dirt  Avon Ms   38723

On 1/3/2018 at 6:18 AM, Delta Dirt said:

Seriously doubt that I will make it.

But here is to a "Cotton pickin" good time by all.  Am sure Randy will do a good job of representing the deep South area for us.

Hoping everybody goes back home with a "southernnn drawwllll"!!!!!!!

Delta Dirt  Avon Ms   38723

Some of us will Arrive with a "southern drawl"..😁     But it won't sound like our "northern" friends from Alabama😄😄

KIWI should qualify for an extra piece of fried chicken and a extra slice of Watermelon-------what with coming from that far South!!!!!:D:rolleyes:

DD

3 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

Some of us will Arrive with a "southern drawl"..😁     But it won't sound like our "northern" friends from Alabama😄😄

Looking forward to hearing that New Zealand drawl and seeing y'all.

13 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Shoot Tony, just keep that trailer hooked on and bring it along.  Sure it would be a good draw.  Just don't stop at any abandon gas stations!!!

Would be nice if we could all camp together.  Since we know someone (Hint Randy!!!) we should get a little special treatment!!

Depending on things at home, we want to get there on Sunday.

jerry

Hint Randy--ha!  It will take more than just knowing me---but the good news is I can be bought. Let the bidding begin--I know Tony starts the bidding with California Red Wine and Almonds--so who wants to raise that bid?

5 minutes ago, High Cotton said:

Hint Randy--ha!  It will take more than just knowing me---but the good news is I can be bought. Let the bidding begin--I know Tony starts the bidding with California Red Wine and Almonds--so who wants to raise that bid?

I'll send you some snow and zero temps🤔

3 minutes ago, SMOKER 1 said:

I'll send you some snow and zero temps🤔

Sounds like you've got enough snow to share. Not that I want any more! :D

Maybe we should start sending Randy some cold air now as a down payment for cool temps during the show.

I don't think us Bodins from the north are going to make it this year.   Hope people take lots of pictures! 

Nate

23 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Maybe we should start sending Randy some cold air now as a down payment for cool temps during the show.

I like that idea--just might work.

I know how everyone likes pictures so I will try to post some along of cotton items. Anybody can feel free to add to them--I know we have some cotton people on here--it can't all be corn, corn, corn.

DSC03775.thumb.JPG.2c2a0098844d450d27dfde4b7c869cf4.JPG

17 hours ago, High Cotton said:

I know how everyone likes pictures so I will try to post some along of cotton items. Anybody can feel free to add to them--I know we have some cotton people on here--it can't all be corn, corn, corn.

DSC03775.thumb.JPG.2c2a0098844d450d27dfde4b7c869cf4.JPG

My goodness !  That will give a Cotton man erotic dreams !

Tony

2 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

My goodness !  That will give a Cotton man erotic dreams !

Tony

That even gives a corn farmer some extra testosterone!!

May not be IH but it is red and an important piece of cotton harvest equipment. Will they be any module builders there? Probably be enough tractors there somewhere to power one for a couple days..... :-)

Bush Hog module builder.jpg

Just made my reservation for the two rooms at holiday express 10 miles away.