dale560

Old ihc pictures

18 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

Here's what I drove in the late 90's. 1972 C-60. 427 with a 5 speed and electric 2 speed rear end. Also had air brakes and a air tag. It had two problems. Lucky to get 4 miles to the gallon. And that steel box was HEAVY. It would hardly be legal with 500 bushels of seed beans. Put around 140,000 miles on it before I outgrew it. A little newer than the trucks I talked about prior. But I liked this thing. Pretty neat old truck in my opinion. Wish we still had it. I guess they call it growing pains.

72 c60.jpg

Neat truck. My truck sales buddy when he moved to town made his first 100,000 profit selling trucks like that . I used to tune them for him, fix brakes and clutches trans etc. one thing I loved about the chevys if they were big blocks they had those hood vents for a couple years. Even the new body style had them for the first year or so.

That is an awesome truck. I would not mind having one just like it. Those Chevys were good trucks. Had a C50 single axle with that body style growing up. Hauled grain and fertilizer tanks for many years

18 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

When I was a kid we had several of those older GM's. My dad bought a 64 Chevy tilt cab new. It had one owner. When he was done with it it went to scrap. So rusty it wasn't savable. My grandfather bought a 61 Chevy Viking new. It had several owners and has been scrapped as well. I saw it at the junk yard but didn't realize it was in the CUT IT UP section. A few years later my grandfather passed on. Made me think of his truck. Called the yard but they'd cut it up for scrap. And the third one I remember was a 55 Chevy 5700 Cab Over Engine style. All it ever did was shell corn. It was bought by a family friend with a John Deere corn sheller on it. My dad ran it for him and later bought it from the guy. And when corn shelling dried up it got sold. I know where it went. But as stated all it ever did was shell corn. And UNFORTUNATELY I don't have pictures of I'd share. Also not trying to hijack the post. Sorry if I did.

Here is a 63 or so Viking. It isneighbors needs some engine work but it just sat. Has a 283 in it this is the high cab mount or something like that engine sits down and back

IMG_2036.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

Hey dale560. That is a 1960. My grandpa's was a 1961. Only difference is the Jet Intake Pods in the hood. His was red to. It came out as a single axle. By the time I was around a single wheel cheater axle had been added. Man I wish I had saved it. Hindsight is 20-20. 

I'll try and get a picture of a 61 hood. Got one if I can get to it.

Thanks ChrisNY. Not cause I drove it but I thought it was awesome to.

Awesome pics and thanks for sharing!