dale560

Old ihc pictures

Mom has been going through pictures. Found some when 1460 was about 5 years old the 815 and 5000 versatile dad had. Then the truck fleet at the time

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

Are those pickup heads on the combines?  I can't say I have ever seen that before.  I have seen pics of the pull combines with pu heads but not self propelled.

Had that same Dakon pickup on an  new 810 dummy head that we ran on the 'ole815' jus like yours

Yes everything was swathed and picked up until 79 dad bought a straight head.

Some more pictures the certain death 3 wheeler. The JD tractors and 1586 getting ready for spring my brother and I terrorizeing the garden with the cub cadet. My favorite is the Hereford calves they would sneak out between building and fence end. The building was original house on farm my grandpa moved and made into garage. If you look at the cub cadet picture a hired man made us a miniature barn for Christmas one year so we set up our toy farm in the garden.

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

Neat pictures. That 500 8 row planter would have been a heavy beast. Dad had a 500 8 x 36 vertical fold planter but it had rear assist wheels.

14 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Neat pictures. That 500 8 row planter would have been a heavy beast. Dad had a 500 8 x 36 vertical fold planter but it had rear assist wheels.

The 4020 only ran it 2 years about  2500 acres. Dad then put a add on 3pt on 1586. We used it one year on 8630 with blade then we ran it a lot with neighbors 1086 and dads 806 we put 3 pt on. Last years we used it on 4020 again . 2005 and 6 .

Great pictures dale.   That cub cadet 100 is a great old lawn tractor. 

Nate

nice pictures, what is the tractor behind the 1460. looks like a nice one

will have to ask what cab is on it also is it one out of Guernsey NE ? do you still have it?

12 minutes ago, jimw said:

nice pictures, what is the tractor behind the 1460. looks like a nice one

That's my dads turbo 806. Yes we still have it . Has a 66 series cab on it now. But we have the egging cab and fenders for it yet. I want to put the fenders back on. That tractor has been on the farm since new in 67. My grandpa bought it new have a few more pictures to put up tomorrow. The farmhand loader in yellow truck picture is actually mounted in that picture.

Great old pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Do we get a picture of the 806? Kinda waiting 

35 minutes ago, jimw said:

Do we get a picture of the 806? Kinda waiting 

Tonite I have to go back to farm later.

Man would love to have that 59 or 58  red truck.

30 minutes ago, Butch-Ky said:

Man would love to have that 59 or 58  red truck.

My grandpa on my moms side bought it new a 59 gmc. there are only a few things dad ever sold . The 1586 , that truck and 815 got sold during the mid 80s . I couldn't think why it didn't have a white rim on front and I remember we had just mounted spare tire and rim before picture was taken. It had a 305 gmc straight six would haul 385 bushels of wheat. 

More pictures of the 806 sorry we have more and tractor is in shed so will get real pictures later. Our 1026 pedal tractor with a million miles. Picture of barn in 80s a picture of farm with 7020 hooked up and the last picture is jan73 dads 806 .  This was first year living here.   F gleaner up on top and his JD A that came from his farm and they bought used. It is a 47 a two owner tractor but dads family owned it for 65 years

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

I really like seeing pictures with the old hip roof barns.  Kind of an era that is coming to an end with so many in disrepair, wish I could have been around when many of them were built

9 minutes ago, maxxum 140 said:

I really like seeing pictures with the old hip roof barns.  Kind of an era that is coming to an end with so many in disrepair, wish I could have been around when many of them were built

My grandpa actually built it himself mostly in 1947 or 49 .  so it isn't that old. Das still owns all the farm and barn is in really good shape but needs shingles or tin. He is up in age and doesn't have the resources  to fix the roof but in 3 or 4 more years I will fix it .But I have 7 other siblings to buy it back from then. There were pictures of my grandpa building it years ago but they are gone now. My grandpa bought this farm in 1943 and it was homesteaded by others in around 1910.

12 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I to love that old GMC. 

Drove that truck a little but it left when I was 14. Dad has a 49 chevy his dad bought almost new after their neighbor bought it and wouldn't fit in shed. Dad farmed about 1500 acres with the 806 , 900 case and f gleaner plus those two trucks until he bought the ihcs in 76 and 77. My 2 memories of the 59 gmc was we put a new short block I. It in front of little garage about 78 and dad was hauling wheat for the neighbor bachelors when I was about 3 and they had a huge dog we were scared of. He hauled the other neighbors durum in before that . Neighbor got 11 dollars a bushel for 3000 bushels in 73 or whenever it got super crazy. Dad didn't have enough to do so he custom hauled and combined

When I was a kid we had several of those older GM's. My dad bought a 64 Chevy tilt cab new. It had one owner. When he was done with it it went to scrap. So rusty it wasn't savable. My grandfather bought a 61 Chevy Viking new. It had several owners and has been scrapped as well. I saw it at the junk yard but didn't realize it was in the CUT IT UP section. A few years later my grandfather passed on. Made me think of his truck. Called the yard but they'd cut it up for scrap. And the third one I remember was a 55 Chevy 5700 Cab Over Engine style. All it ever did was shell corn. It was bought by a family friend with a John Deere corn sheller on it. My dad ran it for him and later bought it from the guy. And when corn shelling dried up it got sold. I know where it went. But as stated all it ever did was shell corn. And UNFORTUNATELY I don't have pictures of I'd share. Also not trying to hijack the post. Sorry if I did.

6 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

When I was a kid we had several of those older GM's. My dad bought a 64 Chevy tilt cab new. It had one owner. When he was done with it it went to scrap. So rusty it wasn't savable. My grandfather bought a 61 Chevy Viking new. It had several owners and has been scrapped as well. I saw it at the junk yard but didn't realize it was in the CUT IT UP section. A few years later my grandfather passed on. Made me think of his truck. Called the yard but they'd cut it up for scrap. And the third one I remember was a 55 Chevy 5700 Cab Over Engine style. All it ever did was shell corn. It was bought by a family friend with a John Deere corn sheller on it. My dad ran it for him and later bought it from the guy. And when corn shelling dried up it got sold. I know where it went. But as stated all it ever did was shell corn. And UNFORTUNATELY I don't have pictures of I'd share. Also not trying to hijack the post. Sorry if I did.

I will post a picture of a Viking chev tomorrow. Don't anyone worry about hijacking show us your old pictures. 

Here's what I drove in the late 90's. 1972 C-60. 427 with a 5 speed and electric 2 speed rear end. Also had air brakes and a air tag. It had two problems. Lucky to get 4 miles to the gallon. And that steel box was HEAVY. It would hardly be legal with 500 bushels of seed beans. Put around 140,000 miles on it before I outgrew it. A little newer than the trucks I talked about prior. But I liked this thing. Pretty neat old truck in my opinion. Wish we still had it. I guess they call it growing pains.

72 c60.jpg