Sign in to follow this  
Pete1468

Programmer for c15

Notice how he waited until it warmed up a bit before replacing dad?

Ron

ps: good the injectors programmed correctly fixed it.

51 minutes ago, Ron Cook said:

Notice how he waited until it warmed up a bit before replacing dad?

Ron

ps: good the injectors programmed correctly fixed it.

Ron, I may be slow but I'm not stupid.  He normally picks the days he hauls corn, I took the day off work cause I wanted to haul a little faster then he does.  Of course mother nature says not so fast.  Last night the PTO on the super c was froze up, so it was cold enough I thought I'll just use the MTA in the morning, it fired right off and I took one step away and died.  Wouldn't start again, put the charger on it and still wouldn't go.  So out comes the heater to the super c and half hour later it's ready.  Then the switch at the bin was froze.  10  o'clock before the first load got delivered, so much for hauling more then dad gets.  O well, beats a day at work.

2 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

Ron, I may be slow but I'm not stupid.  He normally picks the days he hauls corn, I took the day off work cause I wanted to haul a little faster then he does.  Of course mother nature says not so fast.  Last night the PTO on the super c was froze up, so it was cold enough I thought I'll just use the MTA in the morning, it fired right off and I took one step away and died.  Wouldn't start again, put the charger on it and still wouldn't go.  So out comes the heater to the super c and half hour later it's ready.  Then the switch at the bin was froze.  10  o'clock before the first load got delivered, so much for hauling more then dad gets.  O well, beats a day at work.

Pete, now you got me laughing and I am trying to eat dinner.  Your day is going exactly the way mine usually do.  I have been under the weather for several days, so I my truck is sitting, or I would be having similar stories.

Many moons ago when I drove a propane delivery truck, I got stuck in the snow at a farm that was about 1000 miles from civilization.  No one home and the house locked.  Of course way before cell phones or even business radios.  My truck had simply melted itself stuck as I had stopped on ice under the snow that had been created by washing machine drain.  Only tractor on the place was an MD.  It was about 10 above and I didn't have much faith in success, but I tried that MD.  It started and while I was letting it warm up, the farmer came home.  He first said, What the **** you doing?  Then after he sort of settled down and saw what my predicament was, he said, How the **** did you get that thing started?  It hasn't run since corn picking.  I told him I had no idea as that was the first MD I had ever started.  He said that explained it all and pulled me out of my mess.  Another driver took that route and I was never there again.

Ron

#4 so far today, hope to get 5 our at least loaded.

KIMG0380.JPG

Going good apparently.   Plymouth Energy?

My Super A might not pull that long auger full.  340 would, but I do not have it together.  Could always use the 1566, I put a double pto in that old girl so I could run the vac or auger.  Then I quit emptying farmer bins.  They have to load me.

Ron

Want to haul some corn for me Pete? The local FCS Coop wants 6 cents a bushel to go 12 miles or the local Coop here will do it for 5 cents for 5 miles. Is that a good deal? It sure beats hauling 350 bushels at a time with my 1980 S1700 truck. 

I had some sold at Plymouth energy but they won't take anything over 18, guess what the top of the bin was 19.  I sold some to Brunsville getting a .04 cent bonus for a new customer.  So I hauled 3 there today and one to Merrill.  Now if corn would be limit up for 3 weeks I'd have a big smile on my face.

2 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Want to haul some corn for me Pete? The local FCS Coop wants 6 cents a bushel to go 12 miles or the local Coop here will do it for 5 cents for 5 miles. Is that a good deal? It sure beats hauling 350 bushels at a time with my 1988 S1700 truck. 

5 and 6 cents sounds good to me, you can't own a truck for that with the bushels I have.  The dirt work is where I have to have a truck.

Sorry, it's a 1980. 404 gas. Haven't hauled a legal load yet!!!:P

I've been holding out for $3.25 corn and Sioux Center and Boyden FCS is at that today.Hull here is $3.23. What's the price at Brunsville? 

Is that an 8 or 10" auger you're loading with? Can you fill the truck in a half hour? The elevators really don't want to mess with it if it takes more than a half hour. I have an 8" oput auger on the bin and a 10" x 36 truck auger, but if a semi comes in I need to use my 8" x 61 Westfield because of space limitations at the bin. 

They also charge drying for corn over 15%. 

I don't know what they're paying today as they had a computer problem and it was just the scale lady there today.  

I see Marcus ethanol was at 3.30 today, but it has to be 17%to go there.

It's an 8 inch out of the bin and 10 Westfield auger.  It takes 20 minutes to load 900 bu.  I was toying with the idea of a 10 out but I'm glad I didn't as this is about right for pulling the truck ahead and getting out to look.  Anything faster you'd be running around trying to pull the truck ahead of shut it off before you run over.

KIMG0379.JPG

I've thought about rigging up some type of cordless remote switch to turn off the bin out auger. Running around on ice or snow isn't fun!

Visser in Sioux Center is at $3.29.  They must need corn because they are usually only $0.02 over FCS, today it’s $0.11

Better sell Lyle, Sioux center FCs is 3.25!  The 5,000 I sold in Merrill was 3.34, I sold that when I didn't know if I'd get much.

Local price for corn 300 miles north is around 2.80 you can contract next year for 3.01.  Then next year maybe get a 25 cent dividend from coop elevator. We sold all our corn in harvest from 2:55 to 2.70. Ethanol plant 120 miles away  is 3.01 for February.  We used a C on 8 inch auger some years ago and I  think it had barely enough power for that.

It runs it no problem, it's not on a big incline or wet corn.  About 3/4 throttle 8 inch bin auger running full.