Finney

COLD

one thing here in central wis very cold but hardly no snow yet,news said out in penn. got 50 inches?

I don't see how Y'all do it!!  I even hate to say it, I saw 17 on the truck this morning and 14 Yesterday and I hate getting out in it.  High today was around 38, We dug out a drive and hauled off spoils.  This morning hauled one load of gravel but all scales were frozen and it took forever to get loaded and out.   Didn't go back for another load, too much time for what it pays when I had other jobs to do.  15/36 tomorrow, then lows of 11-6-12 the next three days. Highs in the 20s, dang My blood is thin!!!!

This looks to be the coldest night yet. I'm seeing near -30F this evening and its a long time til sunrise. Not bad as long as the wind stays down. Not enough snow to put the blower or blade on a tractor yet. 

-27F here right now. Everyone's been sticking pretty close to home from the sounds of it. Dad's been truck shopping and the salesmen say the customers coming in have drooped right off. Lots of phone calls coming in now instead. Road by home has been pretty quiet too. Neighbors niece was up visiting today and she texted me to come over for coffee. My truck wasn't plugged in though, one sled was blocked in the shop and the other one wasn't very anxious to start. Probably would've if I'd kept on but I decided it wasn't really worth it. Did some work in the shop and sat in the house for more time then I care to admit. Not my favorite place to be that's for sure.

Flights in and out of CMX has been running about 60% due to equipment issues and weather

several times the inbound flight had to return south due to  poor conditions.

Mike

North Texas! Started up the Suburban today 12/30/17 for a trip to Walmart for stuff.  Misting rain and about 45F. 

Supposed to be colder next week, was looking forward  some 4X4 weather but not holding my breath in anticipation of snow play.

-37 here this morning although it had warmed up to -20 or so by the time I tried starting my Blazer. New battery and it turned over fine but only firing weakly and not enough to start.  Needless to say it had the block heater plugged in and battery charger on. Guess there is something else going on with it. I may try the old 81 GMC later today. Coldest day yet. 

Feels like one F this morning,  14 F  outside and 18 in the chicken Koop! 

We hit a day time high at my place of -22F and thankfully, not much wind. Down to -28F this evening when I took this shot of the almost full moon over the McCormick Deering in my yard. 

Super moon McCormick (1 of 1).jpg

Trying to grill a couple of steaks. -10 below and windy out. Can only get 180 degrees with 3 burners on preheat, cookin real sloooooooow...lol

-30 C here right now. That's like 25 below 0 F. My '04 Hemi won't start. Well, it starts and quits until the battery dies. Stupid thing will run on the starter until it cuts out, then it dies.You would think it would warm itself up doing that for 5 minutes!

-20s here air temp.  I sure hope I got enough Howes in the feed tractor. My 93 chevy popped right off without being plugged in, but it's almost impossible to shift. I wonder what the 80-90 in the diffs looks like right now. 

-9 this morning and forecast -18 overnight. Be glad when its back in 20s n 30s

Thinking **** froze , all the area Churches canceled services for the entire weekend because of the sub zero temps!! 

20 hours ago, Loadstar said:

-37 here this morning although it had warmed up to -20 or so by the time I tried starting my Blazer. New battery and it turned over fine but only firing weakly and not enough to start.  Needless to say it had the block heater plugged in and battery charger on. Guess there is something else going on with it. I may try the old 81 GMC later today. Coldest day yet. 

We were at -43 C yesterday morning. Never got above -30 all day. It was a good day to work in the house lol. And found out the battery in my truck is toast. It never fails when it's warm ha

Same here in NE IA 10 below, talking colder tonight as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard and waters don't freeze, tractor,skidloader and truck starts,and get cows feed it's all good. STAY WARM! HAPPY NEW YEAR! !

well at least we wont have any tropical storms or fires fir a while. and where we live in central wis. we don't get many bad storms either during summer knock on wood.

43 minutes ago, db1486 said:

We were at -43 C yesterday morning. Never got above -30 all day. It was a good day to work in the house lol. And found out the battery in my truck is toast. It never fails when it's warm ha

Yes, this cold finished off the battery in my Blazer too. New battery still won't start it so I had to fall back on the old 81 GMC to get me to town yesterday. 

It’s been cold here also, hasn’t gotten above 4F for a week or more, -15 to -20 at nights. My wife’s tdi starts fine but the Dodge doesn’t like it so much. It will start but things talk to you for a while, much better plugged in. It’s supposed to stay this way for another week or more before a slight warming trend. It’s sunny and 3 out, in the sun it doesn’t feel too bad...

1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

It’s sunny and 3 out, in the sun it doesn’t feel too bad...

:blink::blink::blink:

Not trying to start anything political here, however,  a friend told me it's so cold there the libs have their hands in their own pockets for a change..