John cub owner

Ih 4700 electrical help needed

I spend a lot of time on the tractor forum and am familiar with older tractors, but totally inexperienced with IH trucks, but a friend asked me to help him with DT466E.   The batteries needed charged, but after we charged them the electrical system seemed dead.   When the key was on the fuse panel just inside the driver door had power and all the fuses had voltage at both ends, but headlights do not burn and nothing happens when try to start it, no click, no nothing.   Some guidance or a place to find an electrical diagram would be appreciated.  Is there a fusible link some place that needs checked?  Thanks

Try checking your fuse box power while you are putting a load on the system (headlights on, starter engaged etc.)

sometimes a bad connection in your battery cables or grounds can carry enough current to light a test light or meter but once you put good load on the system it can't handle the current and goes dead. 

If you still have good voltage at fuse box I would look for a main cab harness connection and start cleaning and looking for bad contact.  Sorry I don't know there locations of those. 

Neighbor was helping work some cattle and when he and the owner finished they decided to try the truck.  No nothing.  They noticed a new kill switch on it, and when they unplugged the hot lead and ran a jumper directly from battery to kill switch it fired right up.  Tried it a couple times, all ok.  Plugged kill switch in and it still started like supposed to.  They did not check the lights, so I do not know if that was related or not, but I would be surprised if it is.