Ih784

I used castrol HD30 in IH D246 engine HELP!

Hey folks,

I just change the oil on my international 784.  The  first 2 gallons with shell Rotella T one .   I'm accidentally filled the oil filter with Castrol HD 30 half to 3/4  of the way. Then Installed oil filter and ran the engine.   How much damage if any do you think will this cost to the engine if ran very minimal for the next six months?  

Probably none  I certainly wouldn't worry about it if that happened to me.

Oil is oil. Nothing to worry about.

Just a few ounces of HD along with two gallons of Rotella?   Run it.  No problem.

6 hours ago, rsscott said:

Just a few ounces of HD along with two gallons of Rotella?   Run it.  No problem.

Roger that. That's what I was feeling.  I understand "diesel oils" have different additive packages.  I mean it's not like I thinned it with kerosene or used a synthetic or multi weight oil.  I don't have anyone to bounce questions or ideas off of.  I sincerely appreciate your responses like the one guy said: "at least it's oil" lol. Ima letter roll.

So what if you had used synthetic or a multigrade,as long  the oil was rated for a diesel ,it wouldnt matter..Often I "top up " after a change with a bit of non synthetic ( I use synthetic in everything) or a bit of 

On 12/18/2017 at 6:42 PM, Ih784 said:

Roger that. That's what I was feeling.  I understand "diesel oils" have different additive packages.  I mean it's not like I thinned it with kerosene or used a synthetic or multi weight oil.  I don't have anyone to bounce questions or ideas off of.  I sincerely appreciate your responses like the one guy said: "at least it's oil" lol. Ima letter roll.

multi grade if I am short.So many guys get in a huge panic  on "mixing " oils ,or adding a bit of synthetic or non synthetic ,or even another brand .