Sign in to follow this  
2+2 Guy

7140 Decals

My cousin’s 7140 needed new decals. He’s a hard core IH guy so he took some pictures and measurements and had a local sign shop make these. He told me he also got rid of that #&@$ buzzard one the center of the steering wheel. :D

BE468D61-92F4-4565-ADAF-57388B050AEF.thumb.jpeg.9d724a5512eb879a4bd0e6f871342982.jpeg

Double edged sword, no Tenneco and Case, no CaseIH, no IH no Magnum. 

I'm with the guy , I had to cover up all the Case decals on a customers new 1660 back in the early 90's . He said don't bring it out with anything Case on it , this combine is all IH 😎

Danny 

I love it!!!

Nice! I knew someone that did that to a 585, couldn't stand that extra big CASE on the side of the hood.

One of our customers that bought one of the first CaseIH/Steiger 9100 series covered all the big-letter "Case" portion of the Case International decals with duct tape. Said he never had a Case tractor in his life-he wasn't going to start owning them, either. A few years later he traded that tractor in-complete with the duct tape still covering the "Case" part of the decal. The duct tape left those decals a mess underneath when we had to remove them to resell the tractor.

Agree with jass1660 though, without Tenneco's $$$ we wouldn't have the Magnum(or Steiger, either). Many people referred to the new company as "CashIH" for years after the merger because of this.

I can just see it now. Many years down the road when it's for sale

"Super rare International 7140"

But really, that's awesome. I never liked the Case writing either.