Sign in to follow this  
Fred B

Snow in South Texas

Did they make a white 1086?  I've got one at my place.  

Snow is rare in the coastal bend of South Texas.  We're 150 miles south of San Antonio.   We got about 2" early this morning.  

We probably look silly to northerners when we get so excited.  However, it did snow all the way south, 160 miles to

Brownsville, TX.  

Here's some photos of my 22-36 Santa Claus tractor and a 1086 and 656 that don't have shed space.  

IMG_8750.JPG.b012c69da4a2950d9a5fd7a41d5c0988.JPGIMG_8700.JPG.76af3365a7ccbef425aaf5fa2990af94.JPGIMG_8734.JPG.617aed97d26f91a8849849569d5b4694.JPG

It's 50 here 250 miles from canada...no snow....

Glad to share it with you Fred.

The lake effict machine has gone nutz this year with the open lake ,54'' currently for the season

this is how we measure snow .   http://www.pasty.com/snow/

ill take the snow over the weather and critters down south :P

our daughter lives in Houston. she made 2 snowmen- one for her apartment parking lot, and one that she took to work in the back of her car.:lol:

150 miles North of 49 in Saskatchewan and the snow is just about gone, thawing every day.

Crazy weather. We finally got hit with 3 inches of snow to the lea of Lake Huron.

Texas and snow aren't the first things that come to mind when I think of the two that's for sure. Had our coldest day here this week, was down to -9°F. Warmed back up to thawing now again though. Still have 4-5 inches of snow here in the fields but not really enough to go snowmobiling. 

We missed out on the snow in this north of Dallas area.

Did get down to 25F the other morning but no moisture between here and southern OK, so no snow.

My 2 grandkids in Bee county got to play in their first snow.  ( mom and dad try to stay out of Iowa in the snowy season.}.  Always looking for Red tractors in the south when traveling not alot around.  In laws are all green, except for a 656 pedal tractor from Iowa.