Rickster

Value of a Green Diamond 214

I've got a Green Diamond 214 that supposedly ran when it was parked in a shed 14 years ago. I've got spark, but even with squirting a little gas/starting fluid into carb, I still can't get it to fire. Anyway, I'm planning on pulling it and putting in a newer engine, like a 327 or 350 that I can hot rod. Here's my dilemma. I'd like to get the 214 started so I can get a little more for it when I sell it. My question is, and I realize that this is a huge opinion type question, but what kind of money should I expect to get for a running 214 versus a non-running 214? I didn't really see anything on Ebay that gave me much help. Again, I'm hoping for some educated guesses with maybe a little experience to fall back on. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

I would take it to keep away from china and add to shelf inventory

those of us that would keep /want original  are your limited market

scrap to a few $100  running possibly 2x to right buyer,  then unless up the street there is freight 2x what it is worth

whole trucks  are scrap to $500       paid 10x scrap at that time $300 and drove home

I would not want it started if setting that long with out a complete pre trip done.

see if you get any local bites and offer both ways,buyer owns new parts  as you could spend  $50-$300 and not sell

Thanks for the quick response mmi. I've got an old timer coming this weekend to work on getting it started. He knows alot more about these engines than I do. You're right, though, it is a limited market. From what I've seen on the internet, folks will pay decent money, but you have to find the right buyer. thanks again for your help. Most appreciated.

I had 1 given to me that was a runner I have bought them not running for 50-75 dollars I don,t think I ever paid more than 250 for one. It seems like every body wants to go the sbc route

Yeah, I saw where one went for $2500 on Ebay, but looked to be fully restored. I wouldn't want to put that kind of money into a gamble. The old timers who want to restore these to original are getting to be fewer and fewer I think. More guys like me who want to hear the pipes cackle and horses run. :)