Sign in to follow this  
hagan

Big Iron, Auction Time, Purple Wave or ??

Have retired and rented land out and have sold some machinery and trying to figure which is the best method to do on selling stuff. I have had pretty good luck selling privately so far but know i will have a few things go begging. 

I am not really interested in a auction sale as i want to spread this money over about 2 or 3 years and will  park in the shed a few tractors and some better machinery and maybe sell off some stuff yet this year or next year.

I have consulted the tax man and see i have a problem. Rapid dep and writing off big ticket items can cause a tax problem also. Have even looked into buying IRA's with the $ and then pay the tax after a auction.

7 minutes ago, hagan said:

Have retired and rented land out and have sold some machinery and trying to figure which is the best method to do on selling stuff. I have had pretty good luck selling privately so far but know i will have a few things go begging. 

I am not really interested in a auction sale as i want to spread this money over about 2 or 3 years and will  park in the shed a few tractors and some better machinery and maybe sell off some stuff yet this year or next year.

I have consulted the tax man and see i have a problem. Rapid dep and writing off big ticket items can cause a tax problem also. Have even looked into buying IRA's with the $ and then pay the tax after a auction.

Not trying to turn this in to a for sale ad, but what are you trying to get rid of? I've bought some stuff off auctiontime and bigiron and check both often. Never been on purplewave.

original IHC 610 offset disk hand built pilot model made in 1969: 45 vibra shank field cultivator: sprayer: 527B Ecolo Tiger: 7100 maxi merge: 7110 MFWD and 7210 2wd: going to keep my combine and trucks for a year or 2 as have kept busy at times cutting for others.  

i have bought stuff off auction time and listed stuff on ebay with good luck

7 hours ago, hagan said:

I don't know if this is an option for you. In this area guys have plowed the money into the ground with a good 40 foot grid tiling job. The other thing is do either replace implement shed or renovate it. Same with any culverts on your property.

I have bought on both Big Iron, and Purple Wave....

Sellers commission on Big Iron, buyers commission on Purple Wave...

Good experiences, (as a buyer) on both.

Lotta help---Right???

Mike

I remember when you bought that Chevy truck off Purple Wave, when dad was selling his tractors and haying equipment in 2009.  I was wondering how small, old  stuff would sell on Purple Wave, I want to get rid of my Super C's and my gooseneck.  

I sold that truck on Big iron 3 years ago. Just had too much bad luck with it and went to a semi. I sold a gooseneck and a gopher getter machine on big iron and the gopher getter was small enough it fit in the back of the guys pickup with ease. 

I know on Big iron they want the money when you purchase something ASAP but they wait for 2 weeks before they distribute any funds from the sale. They have a lot of others money in their possession. Plus they charge a lean search on every item you sell. But they have to cover their butts too