Sign in to follow this  
macs

rotating air screen not spinning as fast as it should and the warning coming on in the cab. wondering if anyone has any ideas

when mine did that sprayed it down with some chain lube and picked a bit of packed trash hiding in a few spots and haven't had any issues since. could possibly be a bad bearing or maybe the motor that runs it is wore

Maybe radiator needs blowing out as it spins by the amount of air pulled thru radiator. 

Might sound stupid, look for a broken fan blade, ours did that 5-6 years ago.  I’m talking the fan blade inside the rotary air screen.

I'd lay money that the bearings are tight, I had similar issue this fall also, took the screen off, turned the shaft and sprayed bearings with a bunch of 'monkey piss' and it solved the issue.

More than likely it is the small roller bearings on the screen.  I had one go out and changed it but still had problems.  Wound up changing them all and it was good as new.  Local mechanic said those should be changed every 1000 hours to avoid having to fix them when you are running hard.  They are cheap bearings that sell for a golden price!

jerry