Sign in to follow this  
Turbo806

which plow??

I would like some opinions on a plow. Currently I have an older 4 bottom pull type plow, maybe model 16??  I am using it for smaller food plots, so I would like to stay with 4 bottom. I was wanting to upgrade to semi-mount 4 bottom, pulling with 1066. Yes I know overkill, but I am just playing and love my red tractors. I let a 720 go, but may have a line on a 540. What would be a good model for that tractor? Or should I just stick with the pull type? Just enjoy plowing. Thanks.

If your doin small food plots wouldnt 3 pt hitch be easier to get around 

3 minutes ago, Gleaner k2 said:

If your doin small food plots wouldnt 3 pt hitch be easier to get around 

Absolutely. 

Model 450 fully mounted? I would want a 720 over the 540 because of trash clearance. Get a root, brier bush, etc and rocks and the more clearance would be advantageous

yes, mounted would be better in tight areas, but i also have mounted chisel I can use for that. The 720 went for a little more than I was willing to pay.

I have a 560 i think it is. Doesnt seem to be too bad a plow. Think its same as 540 only its a 5 bottom.

bitty, looked up the mounted 450. That would be a great setup, now to try and locate one.

I think a pull type the is hitch universal to almost anything. I would keep it, depending in size of plots .

I think the # 16 is one of the best designs heavy duty plows there are. You can't find a more ruggedly built plows. That why I lean to IH for equipment as a opinion. Because every shaft and frame I'd about a a 1/8 to 1/4 inch heavier than anything else I look at. 

The 60 and 70 are not as heavy , beams are channel beams , as IH goes ,the newer equipment they lighten up frames . 

so is what you are saying is that the pull type that I currently have is better  than a newer semi mount style? I have a line on a 540 and 510 4 bottoms at nearby upcoming auctions, but still coming back to the 720 as to what everyone says about them. would the 510 be better than 540 if money was about the same?