Maxiko

474 parking brake

I've read on various posts here that 474s and others have bad parking brakes. Has anyone got an idea of how to fix mine? It just doesn't bite. I'm on a 15% grade much of the time and I've two close calls with a rolling tractor. The cable seems fine - pulls clean, everything moves freely - but still no dice.

Those parking brakes were iffy the day the tractor was made a poor design in my opinion.  about all you can do is replace the lining . I have thought about using a 84 series handle which seems a little longer and would clamp the band a little tighter

There is an aftermarket device that integrates into the reg brake system (hyd) that will lock the brakes when you flip a switch/lever that closes a valve that then keeps pressure on the brakes when you remove your foot.  I think it releases when you again apply pressure to the brakes (ie a bit more that initially thus freeing the valve).  I considered this option for my 784, maybe others have more knowledge on the subject.

A baseball bat to alert to steering wheel holder when they drive off without releasing the parking brake would be a good addition.