farmer 43

TD9 final drive removal how to.

Hi all, I am wanting to swap out the final drive from a parts machine to another.    

The housing on my final drive busted out when what looks like a bearing fell apart, and some balls got picked up by the bull gear and wedged between the gear and housing busting the cast.   

I have a book, and can follow the instructions easy enough step by step, however my question is: 

Do I have to pull all the guts out of the housing to remove the entire housing from the tub/chassis, or can the entire housing be removed without gutting it and removing  the bolts holding it together at the tub/chassis??

I assume it’s gonna have to be tore all apart but thought I’d ask before getting to the point of no return. The steering clutches have been removed from the parts machine, but the flanges that the clutches bolt to remain in the compartment. Also they are both wide track machines.  

Thanks 

Thanks hector, I know the bolts your talking about!  So if I remove those the steering clutch flange will be free to pull out, and the rest of the housing could come out complete? 

Thanks 

Maybe I don’t know the exact bolts you mean??? I was out tounight and pulled the four bolts that held the steering clutch flange on, and now have that removed along with the bearing carrier.   I removed the bolts on the out side of chassis/frame/tub but it seems to be attached pretty good.  I do notice there are 3 bolts on the inside housing that look to be holding the housing to the frame.  It’s kinda hard to explain, but do they need to be removed by reaching through the opening of the hole from the steering flange??? 

Thanks

KOO  packed 3 of these away a few months back   check web page or contact him as he does it faster than factory

Ok, they are a bit tricky to get into, I might pick up a stubby ratchet to get in there better.  Thanks 

When all of the bolts are removed there are dowels that are used to align the outer cover the the final drive housing and then to the mainframe I hope this helps