Sign in to follow this  
R190

R110 AUTOMATIC

I have a R-110 Travelall with an automatic transmission anybody else out the got a similar beast I am missing a couple of parts and would like to chat with other about them.

What kind of automatic transmission is it? Did other light trucks have automatic transmission that early?

Probably a Ford FMX.

Likely a Borg Warner which I believe Ford used at first, then developed into their own transmission while IH continued to use it until the Chrysler auto replaced it in the early 1970s.

hydramatic may be there is no park position.

Hydramatic it likely is.  I find the Hydramatic was introduced in the R-series in mid-1954 and replaced with a transmission with a park position in the 1955 S-series.  I assume this was the B-W transmission as I see Hydramatic didn't get park until it was redesigned for 1956.  With yours, I read you have to stop the engine, then put it in reverse to lock the transmission.

Thanks Howard  I don't have a clue how it works as when the previous owner took the engine out the oil cooler , engine adapter plate , and the torque converter and flywheel (I think it was  called a touris or something like that ) went missing. I really need to locate an engine adapter plate and flywheel.