Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

Anyone Have a Part Number for IH Heat Housers

I've been looking for a Heat Houser for my 826 and found a guy with one but he doesn't know what it's supposed to fit. It has a side door and he said it says IH windbreaker 707 on it. Any ideas? 

I have an original IH Windbreaker, been here for years. Also have a Femco Weatherbrake , got it several years later. They are identical except for name printed on them. I can look at the IH one tomorrow . I'm pretty sure it has an IH part number  printed on the side of it. 

Here is link to AllStates Ag  Parts . They have Femco weather brake   https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Heater-Cab-Kit-Red-Vinyl-International-756-826-p/123046.htm

I just bought one on a sale hoping it would fit the 826/1456. It is a IH one in perfect condition, but nobody knew what it fit. I think it is 656 after getting it home and studying it. Where is the part number? Didn't see one on it anywhere.

I don't know where the part number is. It's advertised for sale on a website. He bought it for a 450 and it didn't work. It's about 1/2 price of a new Femco one. 

Here is picture of my original IH Windbreaker and scan of installation instruction sheet that came with it many years ago.

Instructions show  I H  # 407 258 R2. Although sheet shows for 826, 1026, 1456,   the I H original is on a 756 and the Femco is on  856.

The Femco instruction sheet is still around here somewhere among my souvenirs. It is identical to the I H sheet.

008 (Large).JPG

010 (Large).JPG

Windbreaker 001.jpg

Here's some windbreaker info from Canadian dealers in 1963  -  806 is the latest models shown, but should fit all models to 66 series

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

These were of the grey canvas type material, always were more flexable and didn't melt when in contact with the exhaust manifold like the later plastics did

DSCF0004.JPG

I posted a comment on another website about 5-6 yrs ago about wanting a red Naugahyde IH Heat Houser for my Super H to push snow with. Was only a couple hours later I got a private message with a dozen pictures of one a guy bought new in box at an auction, with swinging doors and windshield, had one little hole munched in it by a mouse, looked like it was for 504/544/656 size and vintage tractors.  Would not have fit my Super H well at all and he was firm on his $325 price.

One advantage of the red Naugahyde heat housers was you could wipe them off with a warm soapy cloth and they would look brand new.  Wipe them down with Armor-All occasionally and they could stay flexible for many years.  The canvas heat housers, gray or green, absorbed oil, grease, and dust and it was tough to remove. PLUS, the red looked so sharp on a red tractor!

Wonder if the 707 might actually be a 407?

The windbreaker for the 756 is still hanging in the shed. If you don't have an answer by the weekend I'll take a look for you.

The one on my 806 says  258R1 on it. 

The one we just bought is a 407 258 R1. Should fit the 1456 then, maybe? I think the 707 is for a 1466. I have two of those and think they are 707's, will look again.

10 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

The one we just bought is a 407 258 R1. Should fit the 1456 then, maybe? I think the 707 is for a 1466. I have two of those and think they are 707's, will look again.

Probably right for a 06, 26 and 56 tractor. I ordered a Hinson Femco for a customer's 1466 a few years ago and the bracket that attaches to the dash uses 4 horizontal bolts instead of the 2 vertical bolts on the older ones. Other than that it's pretty much the same. 

1 minute ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Probably right for a 06, 26 and 56 tractor. I ordered a Hinson Femco for a customer's 1466 a few years ago and the bracket that attaches to the dash uses 4 horizontal bolts instead of the 2 vertical bolts on the older ones. Other than that it's pretty much the same. 

They are made to fit a 66 hood too. They have little flaps to fit the corner of the center hood.

21 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

According to the Spring 1978 Parts and Service catalog, 407258R2 fits a 1456. 

1 minute ago, FarmallFan said:

According to the Spring 1978 Parts and Service catalog, 407258R2 fits a 1456. 

Crud, I never get lucky enough for the right one. Maybe a little modification in the mounting and it will fit?

3 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Crud, I never get lucky enough for the right one. Maybe a little modification in the mounting and it will fit?

I'm guessing the R1 will work. R2 and R3 are just revisions. 

2 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I'm guessing the R1 will work. R2 and R3 are just revisions. 

Okay, Thanks

8 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

From my instruction sheet in post above....

Capture Windbreaker 2.JPG

Upon further review through the list, it appears the Windbreaker for the 300/330/350 Utility tractors is 999 707 R92

So if the number on the windbreaker is a 707, it's for the 300/330/350 Utility tractors.

Thanks, I didn't catch that. Makes more sense since I asked him to measure the distance from the top of the frame where the windshield mounts to the point it bolts to the tractor. He told me 28 inches. My 806 Windbreaker measured 50 inches. Like I said he thought it was for a 450 but apparently they ordered the wrong one. 

I talked to a guy last night who has a new Femco in the box and the number he gave me says only for use with round fenders on a 06 to 56 series tractor. The search continues. May need to get a new one yet! 

http://www.femcomfg.com/manuals

It's the 1331.