dale560

7130 on manure spreader

Always something to do and now we are done combining. So brother is home now and catching up on chores. Got about 200 loads to haul over winter when weather allows.  Tractor goes on sprayer then manure duty and if needed snow blower

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

What year is your 7130? I have always wanted one... that and a 91/9230. Love the pix!

Where are you located?  Looks like an early Mag

Yep early one . We are north central North Dakota. Magnum came from crookstoon mn area.

Looks good dale.    Always something to fill in the "spare" time if you own cattle.   Dad has a spreader similar to that.   Works really well for a horizontal beater.  

Nate

Are you allowed to spread manure with snow on the ground in North Dakota?

6 hours ago, George 2 said:

Around here if we even think about spreading on snow the poop police are writing fines....

We had a neighbor that decided to clean out a barn yesterday. Opened the gate, brought in the spreader and a loader tractor and went to work. When he was spreading the first load he noticed the cows running along side him. But they were on the other side of the fence. He spent the rest of the day rounding up cattle and did not get any more spreading done. Next time close the gate.

53 minutes ago, 1965Dennis said:

We had a neighbor that decided to clean out a barn yesterday. Opened the gate, brought in the spreader and a loader tractor and went to work. When he was spreading the first load he noticed the cows running along side him. But they were on the other side of the fence. He spent the rest of the day rounding up cattle and did not get any more spreading done. Next time close the gate.

Yes we have had the same problem.

7 hours ago, George 2 said:

Yes there are no laws against it and as far as residences  pretty sparse  out here. We will spread as lond as we can than start up in March again. We have an excavator come in a pile the manure let it rot then haul when we can.

That snow blower looks familiar. Do those magnums go slow enough in reverse to work well on a snowblower? I know a 1086 can be too fast at times if the snow is deep and heavy. 186 works great, just need to get a turbo on it.

20171205_090329.jpg

20161226_151312.jpg

4 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

That snow blower looks familiar. Do those magnums go slow enough in reverse to work well on a snowblower? I know a 1086 can be too fast at times if the snow is deep and heavy. 186 works great, just need to get a turbo on it.

20171205_090329.jpg

20161226_151312.jpg

Yes the magnum works pretty good. This is the 9 ft blower looks like yours is to. It still goes to fast sometimes a hydro would be nice.

Dale, does your Magnum have a creeper transmission? Around here several Magnums have creeper transmissions for snowblower duty. Back in the winter of 1996-1997, we had a local Hutterite colony burn out the Master Clutch in a 7140 while running a snowblower-two times. They ran that thing for 8-10 hours a day on a snowblower while riding the clutch pedal continuously. After that we sold several 8900 series Magnums with creeper transmissions.

I guess that's one nice thing about being in the Dakotas-we can spread manure anytime we want, anywhere we want.

2 hours ago, SDman said:

Dale, does your Magnum have a creeper transmission? Around here several Magnums have creeper transmissions for snowblower duty. Back in the winter of 1996-1997, we had a local Hutterite colony burn out the Master Clutch in a 7140 while running a snowblower-two times. They ran that thing for 8-10 hours a day on a snowblower while riding the clutch pedal continuously. After that we sold several 8900 series Magnums with creeper transmissions.

I guess that's one nice thing about being in the Dakotas-we can spread manure anytime we want, anywhere we want.

No creeper but enough power to run blower and switch out mfwd to let tires slip it works okay.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, SDman said:

Back in the winter of 1996-1997, we had a local Hutterite colony 

I hadn't ever heard that term before.  I had to google it! :)

As much as I like IH tractors running a blower is where a Bi-directional tractor like my NH TV140 has to really shine.  My neck hurts from just thinking about running backwards all day! 

1 hour ago, B.B. said:

I hadn't ever heard that term before.  I had to google it! :)

As much as I like IH tractors running a blower is where a Bi-directional tractor like my NH TV140 has to really shine.  My neck hurts from just thinking about running backwards all day! 

We have a couple older bidirectional but want to buy a newer one in a couple years and snow blower will be on it.

Used to be a lot of bi-directionals around here. They were a great outfit for snow removal. Depending on how they were equipped, you could attack snow with either end-use the loader on the cab end to break through hard-packed snow, then turn around and blow it away with the snow blower mounted on the engine end(if the engine end had both 3pt hitch and PTO options).

One other thing I remember everybody with a Magnum on snowblower duty had to have-a rear window wiper. Those snowblowers are always putting ice/snow on the rear window that needs to be constantly removed. 

I use my 5288 on a blower, with that back window being angled slightly it sure stinks on blower duty, but I love the tractor for it otherwise.