Sign in to follow this  
timbo1946

Asking for prayers, held out as long as I could

I have debated to ask for prays or not over that last month. So many people need prayers and support that it is always a concern that I add one more.

The Friday before Thanksgiving my Daughter, SIL, wife, and I went to Erika’s ultrasound to determine the health and sex of their new little one. We knew something was wrong when my wife and I were asked to leave. Later that day the kids shared with us that they were having a boy, however he has a condition called Sacrococcygeal teratoma. Essentially it is a tumor on his tail bone.  After a battery of testing it has been classified as a type 0/1, the best news they could have gotten. Another test today, to monitor the size (yes it is large ~ ½ the size of the baby) and to make sure it doesn’t morph into a worse condition. Today they should find out the results of the spina bifida test as well. Little Hunter Michael, and my daughter Erika have a long way to go, with possible difficulty during delivery, and other complications leading up to that point. Erika and Tim have been told to prepare for the fact that Hunter will have at least 2 surgery’s, with a possibly of more within 1 to 2 day of being delivered, and could be staying in ICU for up to 3 months. Erika and Hunter may have to travel to Philadelphia for the delivery and post-delivery care.

To add to our family’s struggle, my wife got a call a week after the kids got their news, that she has cancer. It has been a whirlwind of ultrasounds, MRI’s, biopsies and night after night reading and educating ourselves in the last month. Lisa now has a treatment plan and has surgery scheduled for 12/21, 3 to 4 weeks of recuperation, followed with radiation treatments, and up to a year of Chemotherapy.  The bad news, is the type of cancer and it being both ER and HER2 positive. This type of cancer is fast growing and spreads easily, all worst case conditions combined.  The good news is they have treatments that are effective for all, and they believe that it is early.   

Lisa’s condition has significantly changed our ability to help Erika and Tim with Hunter. Lisa had already started the process of taking a family leave so she would be there for Hunter and Erika. That will have to fall to someone else, and they are working on it. Lisa will have enough to deal with, with my support.

As one might expect, we all have had the Why me question, being angry, moments of despair and hopeful thinking.  I am sure that isn’t going to stop any time soon. Relatives and Church have been and will continue to offer support, and that is appreciated.

For a person like myself this is very difficult and frustrating. I have always been the “go to guy” to fix almost anything, “Dad will get it done”, or “my husband can do that”. This is something I can’t fix for either of them, and yes that make me angry and helpless all wrapped together. I guess maybe that is why I finally am reaching out. Sorry for the long winded post.

And you still ARE the "go to guy"  Timbo!

Your presence/advice/organizing will be SO very important to both your wife and daughter.

They have had the rug pulled from under them BUT you are there to catch them, again, and they are counting on that even more so now. 

Your family will stay in out thoughts and prayers and hope is VERY powerful stuff!

One day at a time...

that is a lot on your family's plate. we will be praying for good outcomes for you all.

Hang in there . Do your best to stay positive and I will say a few prayers for your family. They have some very specialized doctors at the university hospitals. Praying that both your wife and grand child to be are well taken care of.

Wow...praying for you guys....that's a lot stay strong for everyone to lean on...

Thoughts and prayers from here also.  While you can't be the physical "fixer" you normally are, you can still be the rock that everyone leans on that won't move.  Asking for prayer is VERY appropriate so don't hesitate.  Prayer never hurt anyone but it sure has helped a lot of people.  We will be thinking about you and family.  

Cancer and Tumors. The most popular words in the medical field. Hang in there and be strong. Prayers for all involved. 

This is a very difficult time for you  Staying strong and positive for your family.

Our prayers for your Wife, Daughter, and Hunter that they navigate their health problems successful .

Our Prayers also for you Timbo1946 to stay strong for your Family and to continue your health in this difficult time.

Best,

Tony

40 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Thoughts and prayers from here also.  While you can't be the physical "fixer" you normally are, you can still be the rock that everyone leans on that won't move.  Asking for prayer is VERY appropriate so don't hesitate.  Prayer never hurt anyone but it sure has helped a lot of people.  We will be thinking about you and family.  

Amen

The Bible verse of the day ,that I usually don't look at online, may pertain to your reaching out today.....

Isaiah 41:13 "I am the Lord your God. I am holding your right hand. And I tell you, ' Don't be afraid. I will help you.'

Timbo , I pray  that you  continue to have the  strength & Love for your family that I know you have.

Prayers for your wife, daughter and grandson. You wil be the go to guy still. But it will be for your strength and emotional support. 

Prayers for your family. Hoping that all goes well.

Thoughts and prayers sent. Totally understand, we all question in these type of situations. We are human, somethings are beyond us.

🙏 prayers for you and family 

That is a tough combo. We will keep you in our prayers for your family. Since you have faith, lean into that. Also remember that everything else aside, we are not promised tomorrow so be there today. One day at a time.

I am not a religious man so I dont know if this will do any good or not.  But, what ever positive karma I can send you, you have it.

Two years ago I was helping my younger brother through the last days of his life and it still haunts me.  Hopefully, your stories will have happier endings.

Trust in the doctors and listen carefully to what they are saying.  Trust in yourself that you and yours will make it through this and there is a future for you.

3 hours ago, 1086plowboy said:

Thoughts and prayers sent. Totally understand, we all question in these type of situations. We are human, somethings are beyond us.

X2. Wishing your family the best.

Update,

I received word from Erika on Hunter's condition. Some of the best news I have had for a while, the testing for Spina Bifida came back negative.

ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYS ARE HELPING, THANK YOU.

I will quote from Erika's note

Baby is 1lb 4oz. So right on schedule..."

"Tumor is about the same size as last time, Heart and kidneys look good so right now there is no concern of hydrops"

"They don't expect tumor to grow to be huge and are very hopeful that he will leave the hospital with a battle scar and a short NICU stay.  He was VERY busy this morning. Wouldn't sit still for many of the pics. So otherwise he's 
annoyed that the tumor is in his way."

The way she wrote her note is so indicative of her, always looking for the positive, very proud of her.

5 hours ago, timbo1946 said:

For a person like myself this is very difficult and frustrating. I have always been the “go to guy” to fix almost anything, “Dad will get it done”, or “my husband can do that”. This is something I can’t fix for either of them, and yes that make me angry and helpless all wrapped together. I guess maybe that is why I finally am reaching out. Sorry for the long winded post.

Prayer's to you and your entire family in this very rough time from myself and my family.

Do not get frustrated with yourself.  You're doing the right thing by asking for prayer.  You may not be able to "get it done" or "fix it" this time but you are asking all of us to take it to "Our Father" who will get it done.  Keep the faith and remember there's nothing he can't do.

Prayers for all of you and especially make sure you keep yourself healthy as you will get rundown. 

You and your family will be in our prayers. Keep us posted.

One day at a time, keep the hopes high, AND your family is in Virginia and I prayers!!!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!!  from sonny & Virginia

Thoughts and a whole bunch of prayers for you and your loved ones , 

8 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Cancer and Tumors. The most popular words in the medical field. Hang in there and be strong. Prayers for all involved. 

You are all in my prayers. Leave it to God and it will be alright

This is the 986 i used to own it came from Chuck Norris "T Bone Ranch" between Colorado Springs and Pueblo Co

986 003.jpg