Well , after roughly 2 years  of waiting on this to happen  ,I finally closed the deal & brought it home . 

Yes it' gold !

As for it's  future  it will be an ongoing project . I plan on getting  the missing parts,  the oil leaks fixed   & new tires  on it  , front wts,  rear split wts  and just get it back looking good  like it should .

I want to say thanks to Brian long  for the help  answering all my questions  

20171203_121833.jpg

20171203_142421.jpg

20171203_125522.jpg

20171203_142409.jpg

20171203_142506.jpg

20171203_121808(0).jpg

You lucky dog you!! I would love to find a goldie!!! Congrats, it actually looks like a nice tractor!

Nice find !

Some people  have the luck !

You have a good advisor in Brian Long, He knows his 1456's

Please start a pinned post in the restorations page , So we can follow your progress and enjoy the journey with you .

Tony

Mighty nice Christmas present for yourself.

Just now, Driver1 said:

Mighty nice Christmas present for yourself.

To say the least !

Better leave lot of cookies for Santa

Tony

Congrats. Good find

Ive drug home worse gold 1456s. Did you ever find out where it sold new at? 

20140721_133923.jpg

8 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Ive drug home worse gold 1456s. Did you ever find out where it sold new at? 

20140721_133923.jpg

Not really  for sure , he said it came from a farm auction north of wamego kansas. ill have to ask his son  I think he hauled it home.

Probably had a dealer sticker on that missing  side skirt lol!

Check on a few things for me. Look under top of donaldson deluxe precleaner and see if its gold and if the 4" pipe was gold too. Ive seen 2 donaldson precleaners that were gold from factory. But ive seen red and gold stock air stacks. 

Also, does it still have factory single 1000rpm pto? Have yet to see a 1456 gold demo factory pto delete. 

Theres not many options or variations on this one that stands out, but what impresses me is its a true factory gold demo open station and still has alot of the smaller sheetmetal pices. Alt belt cover, battery cover etc. Im still excited that it all worked out and the plan came together. Get it warmed up one warm sunny day, park it on wash rack still running, few gallons of gas, purple power and few hours of power washer will turn it around. Id pull every piece of sheet metal, platform and fenders and show no mercy with the soap and water. Get more pics of sheetmetal under sides to document even more. 

Itll start showing all those oil and diesel leaks real easy then and next thing you know, youre at CIH parts counter buying $150 in orings and gaskets that fit in your hand.....

Was the dash supposed to be all black like that one on the 1456's?

3 hours ago, oneharvester said:

Not really  for sure , he said it came from a farm auction north of wamego kansas. ill have to ask his son  I think he hauled it home.

Probably had a dealer sticker on that missing  side skirt lol!

Brian , with serial # in hand . Where do you recommend one start to tract point of origin?

Would love to tract mine down.

Tony

Great looking tractor. You just be patient and you can get everything to fall into place. As said above great Christmas gift to yourself.

All is lost unless you kow ownership history from day 1. My 1456 gold sold new at Goss Imp, Honeygrove TX, im 4th owner, the 1456 gold Jim has came from Greenville MS area to Tx several years, ago. My 826 gold which im tired of, sold new in decatur TX area, im 3rd owner. Friends 1456 thats in IN getting painted sold new at Meadors Imp in Whitewright TX. He bought that 1456 new in '71, tracked it down, bought it back and restoring it. 

Some JI Case nerd in '85 was probably put in charge of dealership sales and gold demo records and threw them in the dumpster. 

23 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

You lucky dog you!! I would love to find a goldie!!! Congrats, it actually looks like a nice tractor!

Thanks , just stop & look at all of them  and someday you might find one ! I had actually  drove  this one  before & had no idea  at that time .

23 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Nice find !

Some people  have the luck !

You have a good advisor in Brian Long, He knows his 1456's

Please start a pinned post in the restorations page , So we can follow your progress and enjoy the journey with you .

Tony

Tony , I'm not sure about All the luck !

Things don't usually  fall my way too often ! I  went to school with his son & knew the man pretty well . He told me he wanted me to have it because i appreciate the international harvester  heritage . I also think he likes talking IH too!

I'm not sure if he would have sold it to anyone else,  but cash talks so you never know!

When I discovered it  I  really didn't think I could end up with it  but Patience  and respect prevails .

Thanks mike

Oh and yes I'll try to get a post on the restoration  board  going soon also..

Congradulations. Nice find

13 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Check on a few things for me. Look under top of donaldson deluxe precleaner and see if its gold and if the 4" pipe was gold too. Ive seen 2 donaldson precleaners that were gold from factory. But ive seen red and gold stock air stacks. 

Also, does it still have factory single 1000rpm pto? Have yet to see a 1456 gold demo factory pto delete. 

Theres not many options or variations on this one that stands out, but what impresses me is its a true factory gold demo open station and still has alot of the smaller sheetmetal pices. Alt belt cover, battery cover etc. Im still excited that it all worked out and the plan came together. Get it warmed up one warm sunny day, park it on wash rack still running, few gallons of gas, purple power and few hours of power washer will turn it around. Id pull every piece of sheet metal, platform and fenders and show no mercy with the soap and water. Get more pics of sheetmetal under sides to document even more. 

Itll start showing all those oil and diesel leaks real easy then and next thing you know, youre at CIH parts counter buying $150 in orings and gaskets that fit in your hand.....

Brian , I'll check on that air cleaner soon as I get a chance  and let you know .

Yes it has a factory 1000 pto .