IH Dan

New Purchase: 125E Trac. Loader. Need to locate Serial No. and year!

Willie, you have a gorgeous machine.  I'd be interested in the paint you used via. part number/name brand and how it was applied.  Thanks for sharing where to find parts.

On another note.  Does anyone know if my hour meter requires the use of the Buss fuse on my gauge panel.  Also, my gauges currently don't work.  Is the fuse needed to run the gauges or is it just for lights?  Thank you in advance.

Dan

On 12/25/2017 at 6:49 AM, Willie B said:

Winmill Equipment in Rutland VT. Reggie Lussier

Willie, you have a sweet looking ride!  Show room floor kind of stuff.  Thanks for the suggestions on parts.  Where did you obtain that sweet exhaust (what parts constitute the exhaust assembly), and paint job (what color paint/number/where obtained)?  I'd be interested also in how you attached the exhaust, and how you applied the paint!

Dan

Exhaust is new, but stock from Winmill. Komatsu offers aerosol cans of Dresser paint which a wizard paint mixer at a NAPA store matched. Showroom stock it ain't, but I've strived to make it as functional as stock. I believe it to be a 3400 hour tractor, but I'm confused about tracks. Shoes are older than it would have had, and are 1" wider than correct. Chains are aftermarket. I ended up cutting 3/4" off the inside of each shoe to give clearance for the angle hydraulic cylinders. 

Since my son painted it I've used it in the woods. There is now a blemish, or two in the paint. Son is quite put out about them.

Willie, thanks for the suggestions on the exhaust and paint!

On another note I'm new at taking care of my new "beast"!  I read how I should be ensuring that that unit is placed on something similar to timbers/etc when done w/it for the day.  To also ensure that there is no ice or mud behind the lower front idler when done for the day.  I also left too much dirt on the blade when done w/it yesterday, I suspect that's not good either.  Others thoughts.

Dan

Find your best tool for cleaning the dirt out of the undercarriage.  I have an old gas tank, 10,000 gallons. it makes an inexpensive shed on a piece of remote land. The floor is raised above all surrounding soil. It is made up of 4" crushed stone. Air passes freely around the tracks. If you have a source for railroad tracks, several 8' long pieces laid crossways provide a good place to park where it can dry out after rain, or snow. 

IMG_0247.thumb.jpg.2e41744e2028c0f334e248457aedef8f.jpgIMG_0246.thumb.JPG.aaa259f65b7da2c792eae402275e63f9.JPG The "shed" It isn't taxable as real estate, cost very little, and keeps most of the weather off/out. The floor is 4" stone

Other shot is facing the other direction. Photos were taken at 2:25 PM Sundown comes early in the shadow of Dorset Mountain.

Willie!  That's one sweet home for your beast!  I just had the beast transported to it's temp. home!  We are awaiting to close on our property/thus had it delivered to a friends place who is hosting the beast until we close.  While there I will be lengthening his shooting range from 25 yards out to 100 yards or so.  How would some trees cut/placed across/under the tracks work in the meantime, along w/a tarp placed over it.  I'm hopeful it won't be there longer than Spring.  I bought all the filters for the entire beast.  I noticed that after having purchased all the filters that the manual calls out two filters for the transmission.  A pressure filter and a suction filter, not sure if they are a similar part number or different.  The pics of both elements looks different.  Yet when talking to people who sell filters they only came up w/one P/N.    Others thoughts?  See pics of the two transmission filters the beast calls for.  I purchased one see pics, it's the WIX 51162.  Need a p/n for the other filter!

Dan

IMG_5580.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5582.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

Suction, and pressure filters will be very different. Some suction filters are only cleanable screens. I have a manual that covers eight machines: 100-125E, G TD7E,G TD8E, G. the four machines were similar enough to be covered in one manual 100, and TD7 were one chassis, 125, and TD8 were very similar, but larger. The principal difference between E series, and G series was the engine. E engines were manufactured by IH, G series were Cummins. Only two blocks were used. Horsepower was changed by either turbo, RPM, or fuel rates through the injectors. 

My book is pretty good for service on your model, My parts book doesn't mention E series. Suction element number is 619 214 C1 for all four G series, O ring is 708 560 R1 for all four G series. 

IMG_0251.jpg

Interesting!  I wonder if the G p/n's you have are what I need?  Here are the few manuals I have.  What is the picture on the front of your manual.  I'm sure it's available on ebay.

Dan

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

IMG_5591.JPG

WIX 51253 =  IH/Dresser # 386120R91 =  Baldwin # PT268   when crossing according to Baldwin & Wix..... online for Models 125C,125E for Trans

WIX 51162 = IH/Dresser # 615447C1 =  for Trans...... [Verify all crosses]

Hi,

The suction filter is a wire screen. Basically you just clean it. Be sure to check it for metal or rubber (o ring, seal) when you clean it. Catching a small failure is a lot cheaper than waiting for a major boom

Posted (edited)

Rainman and Tom, thanks for the p/n's and suggestions.  If anyone has a better suggestion for a publication for my beast let me know.

I have the Loader tractor manual for S/N's 9501 and up.  My S/N is 7565.  I found the correct manual for mine on Ebay for S/N's 9500 and below.  I just purchased it for $35 plus Shipping for $42.

Thank you,

Dan

IMG_5592.JPG

Edited by IH Dan
Needed to add the pic. I forgot to add earlier

Mine are from Finney.

IMG_0259.jpg

Thanks to you guys.  I decided to break down and purchase the correct manual for the S/N that I had.  Now to read!!!!  read, read, read, and look at pics.  I love looking at the pics.  LOL

IMG_5606.JPG