hardknocks

496 disk cylinder

16 hours ago, 89vmax said:

490 doesn't use phasing cyl    if you google 3.5x8in phasing cyl lots come up

so its a 3.5x8in  with a rod diamitor of 1.250

If it's a rephasing cylinder like it says I wouldn't know why not.  Prince may have made them for CaseIH. 

Prince made the phasing cylinders for numerous equipment suppliers Kongskill, McKee and others. My MRX690 disk ripper has Prince badged CNH on it.  If the stroke bore and shaft size is the same then all you have to do is put it on and make sure the relief is in the proper orientation as the other wing.  The relief is that plug on the cylinder  usually up and at top of lift.   

John

Thanks for you guys replies I appreciate it thank you that has helped me a bunch

all 4 have to be rephasing. went thought that in the spring with a new to me disc someone had put regular cylinders on. cost me about $2000. it didn't help that they also put the wrong sized cylinders on it either. good thing i got that disc pretty cheap and went in knowing i'd likely find something wrong and have to spend a couple thousand on it 

15 hours ago, hardknocks said:

Are all 4 the same cylinders.  And where did you purchase them

i'll have to check tomorrow but yes i believe all 4 are 3-1/2 x 8. my mechanic dealt with it as i couldn't figure it out and had assumed it had the right cylinders when i bought it. i seem to remember he got them from the local Case dealer but i'll check the stickers and see if it has the manufacturer on it. also seem to remember the mechanic mentioned that there's something different about them so not a lot available aftermarket but i could be wrong there. the $2000 was after getting the core charge back for the old cylinders and also Canadian pricing which is usually quite a bit higher then the US

[edit] just browsing through the parts site it does call for 4 of the 3-1/2 x 4 cylinders so that has to be the right size and the part number for that is 1272147C92. Messick's has them listed for $1,151.40US. if that's per cylinder that's absolutely insane but i paid $2000 which is about right when you convert that and add all the other fees so i'm wondering of their price is for all 4. if that's per cylinder then mine are definitely aftermarket. either way i'll check the stickers and i'll likely be speaking to my mechanic tomorrow anyway so i'll ask where he got them

Just checked and yep all 4 are the same and the sticker has CNH on it so must have came from the dealer. The part number I gave is also wrong. That appears to be the wing folding cylinder despite the fact I clicked on the wheel cylinder on the parts site(been running into that a lot lately). That also explains the high price. Correct part number is 84255910 and they are listed at $353US online. 

I have two different cylinders on my disk 1 cylinder on the Piston has three rings 1 cylinder has one ring on piston and the barrel is different I'm wondering if they will phase correctly with different cylinders. I'm suspecting that the one is different is an older cylinder compared to the other one

IMG_20171210_060202922-300x400.jpg

IMG_20171210_061914264-300x400.jpg

IMG_20171210_060242700-300x400.jpg

11 hours ago, hardknocks said:

I have two different cylinders on my disk 1 cylinder on the Piston has three rings 1 cylinder has one ring on piston and the barrel is different I'm wondering if they will phase correctly with different cylinders. I'm suspecting that the one is different is an older cylinder compared to the other one

likely an older cylinder. there's about a dozen different part numbers for old discontinued cylinders. i'm thinking they'll likely work but hard to say for sure. your dealer might know or it could be one of those things where you just have to try and find out

when I go to put all the cylinders back on.  I read somewhere that the reliefs had to be orientated the same position.  is this correct