Hello folks. I am hoping someone here could help me with a ballpark value on a TD 24.  It was my fahters that he had purchased in about 1972.  It is in great condition mechanically. It has set outside since he bought it but starts right up. It has never had a blade on it. He used it with a letournue scraper and ripper until about 1980 or so when he got an E270 paddle scrapper. I would put the undercarrage at about 75 percent. I do not have the sn at this time. Thank you for any help that you can give us. 

Some pictures would help , especially of the undercarriage and of course the serial number then we would know if it’s an early 24 or the later 241 series. And a location of the machine sometimes helps .

Thank you TD-18. I am in Nebraska. The 24 is about 70 miles from where I live. I will get the sn and try to get some pictures this weekend  

We had it running and drove it around the yard in sept. It started right up.  Dad would start it several times a summer

If you want to sell the machine sooner rather than later, you might ask $5000 and be prepared to take less. Could be worth more to the right buyer.

I paid less for my working TD-24 a few years ago, when the price of scrap was high.

Zeke B.

Zeke thank you very much for your information.  We are not planning to sell it at this time, we just need to find out what it is worth so we can settle the estate

Nice straight 24!!! I would love to get one like that!! LOL!!! ----The sad part is that I have heard that 24's are not worth much!  thanks; sonny

Wow!! What a nice TD-24!

I think there are a lot of us that would love to have one like that. Unfortunately the larger crawlers (TD-14, TD-18, and TD-24) are harder to sell because so few people with the interest have the means to transport them and the disposable income to fix or maintain them. Many go for scrap price so the buyer can justify the transport costs. The TD-6s and TD-9s can be transported with a pickup and fit in a garage so are much easier to sell.

Beautiful crawler! I hope this one goes to a good home.

I think it looks good. I wonder if the set up or the fact it doesn't have a blade will affect the value.?

Just my .02, BUT it sure would be a lot better/more useful with a blade on it!!---sure hope it gets a good home and NOT a CHINA melting pot!!!! thanks sonny

He needs a value range to settle the estate. I think the $5000 to $8000 number would be a good place to set the expected value number. That said that may not be the number that it sells for! Big difference in what you want and what you get sometimes.

It sure is a nice TD24. All the comments sound right about transporting them. They are big toys now and can be expensive big toys too.

I wish you the best.

Regards,

Chris

Beautiful old machine. Without a blade it may cost less than you think to move it.

Hello everyone I would like to thank everyone who has helped me out with this. This machine will not be going anywhere but inside of the machine shed once we make some room for it. 

Thanks