Sign in to follow this  
Joshrod14

806 Diesel build

I recently acquired a family heirloom from my wife's side of the family, well two rather. One is a 560 Diesel that is locked up, I am swapping the engine on it. The other is an 806D that needs just the typical worn items replaced such as gaskets and hoses. What I am inquiring about is the availability of any used turbo kits whether it be factory or M&W. I have dual hubs and plan on attaching duals for discing and I really enjoy the sound of these old tractors with a turbo on them anyway! I am typically an AC man, but I am converting to red very quickly with these awesome old tractors. Thanks in advance!!!

Hello from Nebraska and welcome to the club.

M%W stuff turns up quite often if you watch places like craigs list . You should also subscribe to Red Power Magazine , it has an extensive Buy and sell section.

I believe most if not all of it is being reproduced in Iowa also.

Also pretty sure you can find turbo stuff in tractor junkyards.

Here is a picture for some incentive . 5a1d688b38c08_nakid5604.jpg.a052a17bb6e9325937a8283094d72fc4.jpg5a1d6890aff10_nakid5602.jpg.651b5342284e93fdb49be8017ac70bd1.jpg5a1d6898a27a5_nakid5603.jpg.8c77804af71b1a50aef598bfe8166f4c.jpg

Thank you, I had looked at their website before that is pretty pricey for just a hobby/weekend warrior lol. Well it is expensive for everyone, just harder for me to justify! I will keep an eye on junkyard, does anyone recommend a particular yard in southern/ south central IL?

Maybe sell that A/C and convert to Red Power.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:13 AM, Joshrod14 said:

Thank you, I had looked at their website before that is pretty pricey for just a hobby/weekend warrior lol. Well it is expensive for everyone, just harder for me to justify! I will keep an eye on junkyard, does anyone recommend a particular yard in southern/ south central IL?

There aren't too many yards that I know of in those areas.  Where are you located?  There is a yard at Germantown.  Other than that, the closest I know of is Sikeston Mo.  

We live over near Olney. My wife is from Centralia so I know where Germantown is though! Not too terribly far away. As far as selling the AC stuff, I mostly have lol. Just the first wd45 I bought is all I have left!

On 11/28/2017 at 8:46 AM, lorenzo said:

Hello from Nebraska and welcome to the club.

M%W stuff turns up quite often if you watch places like craigs list . You should also subscribe to Red Power Magazine , it has an extensive Buy and sell section.

I believe most if not all of it is being reproduced in Iowa also.

Also pretty sure you can find turbo stuff in tractor junkyards.

Here is a picture for some incentive . 5a1d688b38c08_nakid5604.jpg.a052a17bb6e9325937a8283094d72fc4.jpg5a1d6890aff10_nakid5602.jpg.651b5342284e93fdb49be8017ac70bd1.jpg5a1d6898a27a5_nakid5603.jpg.8c77804af71b1a50aef598bfe8166f4c.jpg

That is one of the neatest mechanical installs that I have ever seen.  Well done.

17 hours ago, Joshrod14 said:

We live over near Olney. My wife is from Centralia so I know where Germantown is though! Not too terribly far away. As far as selling the AC stuff, I mostly have lol. Just the first wd45 I bought is all I have left!

I live just west of Albion

3 hours ago, Joshrod14 said:

Ok, I work at Champ. Small world!

Indeed it is. My FIL works there.

Unfortunately I don't know of any parts machines just sitting that would help you at all.