Sign in to follow this  
Hawkron

What is the value of a Cadet 382 hydro?

I have a 382 Hydro cadet I am selling for family members. It still runs, has the original tires, seat,  mower deck and paint. The hood is cracked a bit from being opened and the seat has a small rip on the side. Very original condition.

Does anyone know what the value of this machine might be? We'd rather sell it as a unit rather than part it out or sell it for scrap metal.

The 382 Hydros were only made for one year...

I don't have photos of it right now but will try to get some soon.

Those aren’t real common, but aren’t real popular either. The 382 hydro is kinda the king of the IH LTs though. If it’s IH built (serial number 050978 and lower) and the hydro and deck spindles are still in good shape I’d say you could get a few hundred from a collector on the top end. Anyone paying more than that will want something really exceptional. 

If it’s got a weak hydro, or is MTD built, you’d be lucky to get 150 for it. 

Youre basically limited to folks who are collectors for them, to be honest. If someone wants to work it, they can get a decent running cub cadet for cheap and it’s miles ahead of the 382 in almost every way. Not to mention parts and attachments are far more common and easier to find. Newer lawn tractors are easier to source parts for and can be found dirt cheap, if you’re just looking for a lawn mower.