Dia480

Custom decals

I need a contact for a 47 IH U-4 Power unit I restored as far as vinyl decals to finish it up. I 've contacted the usual suspects and no one has sets. 

Looking for someone with ability to cut some custom decals 

Mike D 

post-113851-0-21775600-1454690617.jpg

1511403099903801559501.jpg

1511403149368611226711.jpg

Did you call Maple - Hunter? I hope you find something. I need a set as well. If you have to have them custom made, maybe I could get a set too?

Out Here in Ca . we have a privately owned franchise outfit called;" Fast Signs  ."

They are fantastic in working with me on custom decals . Take them a picture and few details and they will make it for you.

You must have something similar in Montana.

Tony

7 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Out Here in Ca . we have a privately owned franchise outfit called;" Fast Signs  ."

They are fantastic in working with me on custom decals . Take them a picture and few details and they will make it for you.

Tony

Have you been to Montana? Pretty sparse country. Lol Jerry 

7 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Tony

A coworker quit his day job 20 years ago to start a franchise business called Speedy-Sign-A-Rama.  Custom signs, decals,  banners, etc.  Either do a Google search and sometimes looking in the yellow pages is the quickest.

SON took him a picture of the script "Lightning" logo on his '93 F-150 Lightning,  had him make one 5 ft wide instead of about 10 inches for the back cab window.  First one was reasonably priced, next ones would have been even lower cost.

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Someone in billings can, if the cow trail is still passable....

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

:lol: Not Yet ,Jass1660, Looking forward to it, perhaps next year , Hope its that sparse !

I love the pictures of Montana that I have seen here ,from time to time.

I bet there is some kind of custom signs outfit .

Tony

On 11/22/2017 at 7:32 PM, 12_Guy said:

Did you call Maple - Hunter? I hope you find something. I need a set as well. If you have to have them custom made, maybe I could get a set too?

Maple has nothing yet 

Maple Hunter site, International Harvester, Misc., page 2 bottom left. 14 1/2" White INTERNATIONAL with black outline. Item # VI1001B. $6.00 each. I bought a vinyl cut set from them for the W4 I just painted, and gave one of the "W4" in circle to a guy I know that has a decal machine and he found a U and 4 in one of the machine standard fonts that looks close and says he will make a pair for me. I haven't seen a picture of a U4 with the circle decals where the "H" or "W4" on the respective machines but mine will have them. The W4 hood is longer between the back of the hood and the bend in the bead where the circles go,  26 1/2" and the "McCormick" decal is 22 1/8". The "U4" is 19 1/4" long so I think the 14 1/2" should look correct. At one time I thought You could buy individual decals for the oil filter and air cleaner, and I thought it was Binder Books but they do not show them on their web site. I was able  to scrounge some from some old decal sets I had. Your machine has the short oil filter so you need the small rectangular oil filter decal. The older machines with the tall filter use the larger "Purolator" decal. If someone finds where individual decals are available please post.

Good Luck!!  Hugh

I painted my U4 even though I am missing several clutch parts. IH used the Rockford clutch line and the U4 uses a SAE #4. If someone knows of a source for these parts please post.

Hugh 

On 11/26/2017 at 6:36 PM, mudmakerhf said:

Maple Hunter site, International Harvester, Misc., page 2 bottom left. 14 1/2" White INTERNATIONAL with black outline. Item # VI1001B. $6.00 each. I bought a vinyl cut set from them for the W4 I just painted, and gave one of the "W4" in circle to a guy I know that has a decal machine and he found a U and 4 in one of the machine standard fonts that looks close and says he will make a pair for me. I haven't seen a picture of a U4 with the circle decals where the "H" or "W4" on the respective machines but mine will have them. The W4 hood is longer between the back of the hood and the bend in the bead where the circles go,  26 1/2" and the "McCormick" decal is 22 1/8". The "U4" is 19 1/4" long so I think the 14 1/2" should look correct. At one time I thought You could buy individual decals for the oil filter and air cleaner, and I thought it was Binder Books but they do not show them on their web site. I was able  to scrounge some from some old decal sets I had. Your machine has the short oil filter so you need the small rectangular oil filter decal. The older machines with the tall filter use the larger "Purolator" decal. If someone finds where individual decals are available please post.

Good Luck!!  Hugh

That is awesome info. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:28 PM, Dia480 said:

That is awesome info. 

Order 2 sets of the u4 and I'llpay for it 

Here is actually what the U4 decal was in 1949 brochures 

25532296_2178170955543211_5347235052101416359_o.jpg

25542610_2178171278876512_5811226010700412810_o.jpg

On 11/26/2017 at 6:36 PM, mudmakerhf said:

Good Luck!!  Hugh

I just talked to Maplehunter decals in Indiana and they do sell the individual yellow decals like oil filter and air cleaner. ect

Thank you, I'm glad you found a picture of what the "U4" decals look like and where they go. I wish I had picture of a U264 a restored for a friend a few years ago. That had the old decals still visible and they were vertical on the hood like your picture.

Hugh 

38 minutes ago, mudmakerhf said:

Thank you, I'm glad you found a picture of what the "U4" decals look like and where they go. I wish I had picture of a U264 a restored for a friend a few years ago. That had the old decals still visible and they were vertical on the hood like your picture.

Hugh 

Did they actual say:

U

Here is a before picture. I have some after pictures around but I think they are on a floppy disc and this computer doesn't have a floppy drive

IMG_0151.JPG

15 minutes ago, mudmakerhf said:

Here is a before picture. I have some after pictures around but I think they are on a floppy disc and this computer doesn't have a floppy drive

IMG_0151.JPG

Very interesting,   i am going to do mine that way i think.  Is that painted or actual decals?

I think they were the old water transfer decals. The paint is better underneath where they have flaked off. White with the black outline.

Hugh