Sign in to follow this  
stronger800

Replacement grill screen for 856. Where?

Where would a guy find one of those?  You guys here helped me out with window gaskets and some trim pieces a while back.   I checked AgParts and Abilene machine with no luck.   Grill  Screen is all broken around the mounting tabs.  Thank you. 

Try a tractor salvage yard? Worthington has multiple locations. If not take existing screen if you have one to a metal shop and see if they can build one for you.

Was looking for one foe a 1456 and hit same wall .

Think the best is salvage yard then have it powder coated shinny black.  I recommend Brian At Bates Corp.

Stiener has one that appears to go on 1468.

Tony 

I've called around.   Aftermarket ones don't appear to exist. Yard guys don't want to be bothered to look.  Over in the other section a member posted that he had  some heavy screen bent at a metal shop, to mimic one.  I almost think I've seen perforated metal that might look pretttttty close texture wise.  I'm going to look into it.  Looking at mine close, I might even just rivet a few solid thin (symmetrical and as tasteful as possibly) patches  to this one.  its one cracked in two spots and missing a 1"X1" chunk in the lower corner.  Thanks guys 

Order a perforated screen from McMaster Carr and form it as needed. You can order any size of screen from them from hole size, hole spacing to thickness. I have done this many time in the past. 

What about Thomure MFG (sp) they have some grill parts for what I don't remember though