Pete1468

New toy for a demo

I've gotten the privilege of demoing this 150 hour cat 930m loader.  What an animal compared to the 18 year old 928g I've been running.  The transmission took a little too get used to but I like it so far.  In the pic I was digging a ditch and today I'm loading gravel with it.

KIMG0315.JPG

How many yard bucket ? Haven't played with one for 11 years.

3.2 yard, I tried a 3.8 for the first load but with 2 loaders going we were getting to much in the trucks.

33 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

3.2 yard, I tried a 3.8 for the first load but with 2 loaders going we were getting to much in the trucks.

nice toy..

Ha....  was on a job where everything else was down line  

1000T of road /patch chips to load out   1 tandem ,2- 5t,3 -1t  and 963 to load with........  no way to keep the paver full...

they all wanted correctly loaded in 1 scoop   buzzing in /out like bees fighting for line  ( heard they got paid by load,tandem was not happy)

We got a 580m a couple months ago  I haven't ever seen the inside of it. But the guys running it always going on about how strong and fast it is.   Nothing to see them running near 25/30 mph across the quarry.   And spinning tires trying to load bucket😒.   Won't be new for long. 

But I guess people probably  used to say that about me lol. 

I loaded 3 buckets on each semi all day with a larger bucket and the older loader put 2 buckets on the same trucks all day and I used 2.5 gallon more fuel today then the older loader.  I moved alot of gravel for the difference in fuel.

Right now I’m in a doosan dl 420. It’s cheap and I’m not a fan. Just seems to have a lot of minor things keep going wrong. Only 650 hrs But my understanding is considerably cheaper than a cat or Deere. It is pretty decent size. 2 and 3/4 buckets and the trucks roll at 73000. Scale in the cab you say? Nonsense we’re to cheap for that

We got a 938k for feeding cows  a little less than 2 years ago.  We were all Deere before that.  It has a 5.4 yard rollout bucket for extra reach.  It had 700 hours when we got it.  5200 now.  It works very well.  The rimpull control is great .  We have it set on low and I have never seen them spin the tires and the tire wear shows it.  We have a nokian tire on it now that looks like a snow tire.  Haven't had any trouble with the hydrostatic trans.  The third valve on the joystick sold our operators on the machine.  It has worked very well for us so far. Near as we can tell it uses less fuel than our 624k.

I did like the rim pull feature.  I put 25 hours on it and liked everything about it.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:45 AM, Pete1468 said:

In the pic I was digging a ditch and today I'm loading gravel with it.

It looks nice and comfy :D  Lucky duck !

The heated seat would be nice when it's cold out.

Nice rig 😊