Sign in to follow this  
JD Humm

Dad passed away

Dad passed away early this morning after a long struggle with Alzheimer's.  Services are pending.  Hate to say it but I am glad all his confusion and struggles are over.

My condolences to you and your family. I understand to a point your feelings as we are dealing with the same situation with my mom. It’s hard to watch and be around. All of us on here will be supporting and praying for you through this hard time. 

He is in a better place. My condolences for you and your family and I will pray for you all tonight. I know whats its like to lose a father. I still pick up my phone to call him almost daily. Every time I have a hard decision to make I wish I had him to ask. Its funny how when he was around I didn't realize how much I asked him for his thoughts. Take care and may better days be ahead.

Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.  That's never an easy thing to deal with but it is a blessing sometimes when struggles of that nature are over.  

Sorry to hear that. You have our thoughts and prayers. 

My dad passed just over a year ago and we miss him every day.

jere, he has had a long struggle, relieved its over now for him. prayers.

Sorry to hear that.  I fear my grandmother is just starting the battle.

Sorry for your loss.  Never the same without them.  Lost my Dad  last September 2016.

My sympathy goes to you and your family.

My Condolences to you and your family. He is in a better place, and no longer suffering now.

Alan

JD:  I am in the middle of that battle with my mother and dad right now.  I feel the pain of your loss, but I also understand the relief that can come when they are finally at peace!  Rawleigh

My condolences JD. Prayers for you and your family.  He's in a better place now. 

My Condolences.   The strife is over , the battle done.

Jere, I know exactly what you have been through, I went through 10 years of it with my dad and his 2 old maid sisters.  He had a stroke 2 days before my 55th birthday and then 2 days after he went from the hospital into a nursing home as mom and I could no longer care for him any longer.

The last year he didn't even know who I was and we had worked together my whole life.  He has been gone 9 years this month, seems just like yesterday. It was a dry fall when he passed and I spent many days after his passing ripping ground, the solitude and peace and quiet were just what I needed..

How is your mom doing now, I know this has been extremely hard on her?

My condolences and prayers for your loss.

JD, sorry fro your loss prayers sent.

JD ,  Our prayers and thoughts with you and your family at this difficult time.

Tony

3 hours ago, JD Humm said:

Dad passed away early this morning

Jere and G/S, ditto to all the above entries.

best, randy

In my prayers....

JD, sincere condolences to you & family.

2 hours ago, Red_Man said:

Jere, I know exactly what you have been through, I went through 10 years of it with my dad and his 2 old maid sisters.  He had a stroke 2 days before my 55th birthday and then 2 days after he went from the hospital into a nursing home as mom and I could no longer care for him any longer.

The last year he didn't even know who I was and we had worked together my whole life.  He has been gone 9 years this month, seems just like yesterday. It was a dry fall when he passed and I spent many days after his passing ripping ground, the solitude and peace and quiet were just what I needed..

How is your mom doing now, I know this has been extremely hard on her?

Don I always think of your experiences with your dad's dimentia.  Yes it was real hard on mom.  She has had two mild strokes in the last few months but is doing okay for the time being.  Hopefully she will be relieved of some stress.  I have spent the last couple of days doing small repairs in the garage when I wasn't at the nursing home, that quiet time has been nice so I know what you mean about getting out on the tractor and getting away from everyone.

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve enjoyed your stories over the years about your Dad.

Sorry for your loss JD.

Jere, my condolences to you . Give your mother my best & hope she improves.

Byron