Lots of things being stolen at night the past few weeks. Mostly on weekends and shops at places where there is no one living. I live alone and have 2 dogs but i wonder how they would react if someone tried to take their stuff.  One family has lost property at one place 3 times and another place 1 time:  Another place lost cordless impacts and a welder and some guns:  and it just goes on and on. It seems like places with people living there are not being bothered. I had my house broke into 2 days before Christmas in 98 and my healer dog was beat i am sure because this is his house. I have been lucky so far. Seems like De Walt tools are  hot items. I feel this is probably not going to get better but some are so tensed up i am afraid someone might get really hurt.

All stuff you mentioned are easily turned into cash.

Cash gets drugs.

Someone will get hurt as this gets worse.

Help out the Sheriff and put up some trail cameras facing the buildings, etc..

You may be surprised who comes to call.

Just now, Diesel Doctor said:

Cash gets drugs.

sherif / locals  have no interest  took 3 days of 7-5 waiting at the door (dont leave) and 10 calls (be right there)

A crisis means plenty of NEW toys and funding

2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Cash gets drugs.

I think this is spot on. Trail cameras can work well for sure.  

If using trail cameras, always put one on the camera you are using to catch them. Sometimes they see the cameras and take them, but not the other. Now you have them on camera actually stealing property. 

Sad thing. Meth and herion has taken over a lot of rural America. They had an episode on a news television program about 10 years ago how the drug gangs were tightening up credit. They basically said either you pay or die. They had picture of USA and  everything west of Mississippi was under meth cartel control. Eastern big cities were still under cocaine gang control. I know we have gone through the same up here in North Dakota anything that can be stolen and easily sold or transported. They say lots of it gets packed together and taken south to bigger cities and sold at flea markets. Starts out with people smoking dope cheaply and moving up into high dollar drugs.  Article in paper here a couple years ago some film projectors were stolen from big college in grand forks. They were bought of eBay in Minneapolis. They were serial numbered so traced to gang selling them a meth and dope dealers in grand forks.

10 hours ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

If using trail cameras, always put one on the camera you are using to catch them. Sometimes they see the cameras and take them, but not the other. Now you have them on camera actually stealing property. 

Very true. Happened to me several times with a guy illegally deer hunting on my land out of my stand and taking my cameras. Caught him by putting one pointed at my stand. I'm gonna upgrade to the cameras that send the picture to my phone to prevent that.

11 hours ago, dale560 said:

Sad thing. Meth and herion has taken over a lot of rural America. They had an episode on a news television program about 10 years ago how the drug gangs were tightening up credit. They basically said either you pay or die. They had picture of USA and  everything west of Mississippi was under meth cartel control. Eastern big cities were still under cocaine gang control. I know we have gone through the same up here in North Dakota anything that can be stolen and easily sold or transported. They say lots of it gets packed together and taken south to bigger cities and sold at flea markets. Starts out with people smoking dope cheaply and moving up into high dollar drugs.  Article in paper here a couple years ago some film projectors were stolen from big college in grand forks. They were bought of eBay in Minneapolis. They were serial numbered so traced to gang selling them a meth and dope dealers in grand forks.

Meth heads will steal from you and turn around and try to sell it back to you. Happened to a friend of mine while working construction in Detroit. They were eating lunch and watched a meth head steal something(drill or similar) from the job site and when they started working again after lunch the tweeker came up to them asking if they wanted to buy a drill. 

6 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Meth heads will steal from you and turn around and try to sell it back to you. Happened to a friend of mine while working construction in Detroit. They were eating lunch and watched a meth head steal something(drill or similar) from the job site and when they started working again after lunch the tweeker came up to them asking if they wanted to buy a drill. 

My brother I farm with works underground construction in the summer. They had their tool van broken into and lost all the big stuff . Chop saws, pipe laser, and all cordless stuff. His boss was watching internet and bought back a newer stolen gas engine chop saw from theft ring that wasnt his. They took it to police and its serial number wasn't registered as stolen so they got to keep it. Some of their tools turned up later being resold and it was the son and family of a used car rip off place that was selling them. That is the other place most big dope dealers are in. The corner used car lot. Every pot head thinks he is an auction wholesale king and a good place to launder money through.the funny thing about thieves and dope dealers none are very bright but everyone of them can count cash fast.

11 hours ago, dale560 said:

Starts out with people smoking dope cheaply and moving up into high dollar drugs. 

I was out for a walk along the Colorado in Glenwood Springs yesterday. Big legal dope store and wrappers all along the path. Just as bad littering as beer cans.

Anyone who doesn't think dope is an entry level drug is one. Legalizing it has got to be the stupidest thing tax-loving politicians have ever done. The revenue is just not worth the trouble it brings.

4 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I was out for a walk along the Colorado in Glenwood Springs yesterday. Big legal dope store and wrappers all along the path. Just as bad littering as beer cans.

Anyone who doesn't think dope is an entry level drug is one. Legalizing it has got to be the stupidest thing tax-loving politicians have ever done. The revenue is just not worth the trouble it brings.

Saw a add for marijuana turism in good old CO...

22 minutes ago, New Englander said:

We live on pretty small rural town here in North Dakota. 3000 people and our county has about 5000 people. A lot of my friends or most of them smoke dope at night. Most do their job and get stuff done right but about 20 percent of them and now the younger generation are all on the hard stuff. Stealing whatever the need.Here in North Dakota about once a week in the news about Narcon saving a life. The sheriff in our next county was dealing meth was turned into state and it only took a year for our state investigator to get evidence. The ring he was in killed a man by heating an ice auger with a torch and running it on his genitals. Man survived for a week and sheriff wouldn't investigate, then he got drawn into it.Just an evil we deal with I guess. The old dopers have all moved onto painkillers now . If you ever end up in hospital and need pain drugs good chance you are not going to get them. Someone is going to steal them or lick your pain patch empty before application. It is everywhere now days.