Sign in to follow this  
Adam - NC

Farmall 240 Gauges

No experience with them but I buy a lot of stuff on eBay. Go with the first one, 3455 transactions and 100% positive feedback rating is the best indicator as to the quality of the parts being sold. Or... check other sources such as Devons tractor parts or Steiners. 

I got a full set of reproductions from India about a year ago for my B414. landed was under $50 CAD ( about $38 USD ).  Looked great, but i got what i paid for. The Tach was stiff and i needed to grind down the tip of the tack cable to get it to fit. Tractor has run about 12 hours since the swap, seems to be reading right now that i freed it up with the drill... The Ammeter was fine. The oil pressure gauge has the wrong tread size, had to use an adopter. I cant really vouch for the oil one as my capillary tube has a kink in it and seems to falsify the reading, i just haven't got around to replacing the tube. i have a cheap sunpro car gauge with nylon capillary in place right now. I accidentally killed the temp gauge the day after i installed it. the capillary migrated and got caught in the hood latch severing the capillary and letting out the mercury. on the plus side, all had provisions for lighting.  Would i buy a cheap repo set again? nope. was it a wasted $50? nope given i killed the one gauge that is not working. 

just dont expect too much from the aftermarket stuff that is not made in the USA

I'm not a stickler for originality, so what I did was put in a cheap set of gauges from Harbor Freight. They were $15 on sale.

Luckily my 240 had the tach, and it worked once I got a new tach cable for it.