Sign in to follow this  
Pid 1831

Unusual Phobias or fears

Following on from my post in the topic  about not looking people in the eye.

Do any of you people have any unusual and irrational fears and phobias? 

I have a fear of buttons which I posted in the previously mentioned topic. So I won't repeat myself.

Over to you guys to confess your fears :D:unsure:

Snakes and rats- maybe not a fear but a definite hatred toward them. Both the two legged kind and the reptile/ rodent kind

Spiders, don't mind snakes at all rays and mice are gross as **** but spiders wig me out 

Maybe phobia, maybe fear..but

overweight people crushing a pair of flip-flops. 

But DEFINITELY freak when I`m near a high ledge. The boys shrink up.

Rats, snakes, heights. Hospitals/surgeries/IVs/Needles, and the like. 

heights and snakes

Snakes don't scare me as much as they make my stop and hesitate for a second, but heights will freeze me right up.  We have an 80' tall harvestore silo and climbing that thing and doing any work up top is a battle of mind vs. body.  I find it easiest to stare right straight at the silo when climbing the ladder. When there are no more rungs I know I've reached the top.

Jesse

Heights and claustrophobia.  Over 3 feet off the ground and rooms without windows are not for me.  I am deathly afraid of being buried alive, so bad as I will be cremated and ashes spread on top, because of it!  Not much else bothers me.

jerry

Anything to do with hospitals doctors dentist you name it!  And fear getting old never see myself a old man! 

Only the most evil people in the world...dentists....what kind of rock person thinks I want to go to school to take a drill to peoples teeth...

Wife and I took kids to dentist this spring couldn't handle it.....

Gave receptionist a laugh when I comment is rather be in a room with "the children of the corn" or chuckie Or something.  uhh thought of it makes me shudder....

I hate enclosed spaces too. Also hate mice and rats but possums really **** me off. Anything that hisses at me is going to die if I have anything to say about it. 

Raccoons too!

Spiders... I'm done, not happening!

Tight spaces with one easily closeable exit gets the sweat popping on the forehead. The minute I sit down on a plane I open the air duct above my head fully to get that breeze on my face.

Climbing.... I have no problem with heights, but getting there makes my knees weak and my palms sweaty.

6 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I hate enclosed spaces too. Also hate mice and rats but possums really **** me off. Anything that hisses at me is going to die if I have anything to say about it. 

Raccoons too!

I used to feel that way about possums also, until Smoker 2 came down with lymes.  Research has shown that possums are cleaner than any house pets and don't carry any disease and can eat up to 4000 ticks a week.  To bad they are viscous and stupid.  Since this info came to light, I swerve to miss them on the road.

jerry

I hate snakes, make me jump when I see them. Heights don't bother me at all, but I hate manlifts or ladders. I cut a 68" diameter walnut tree for a buddy that was about 110 feet tall. It had no limbs for about 55 feet. I had to use a 60' manlift to get to the limbs, so I could climb out! Climbing trees with no ropes doesn't bother me at any height, but I sure hated the manlift ride up there. I climbed a 50' pine tree and cut a weeping willow out of the crown of it, then topped 2 of the tri tops out of it. He asked if I wanted a ladder to get as high as I could so I wouldn't have to climb as much of it. Heck no! I hate ladders, they are all springy and wobbly! I also don't like being near the edge of a cliff, I feel as if I'm going to be pushed over the edge. Does anyone else feel like they are being watched when they walk through the woods at night in the dark without a light? Always feel that way

Ross

20171113_190934.jpg

Snakes,  end of story. I can be up on a tractor in a cab and see one slithering away from me for dear life and the sight of it makes my skin crawl and im not anywhere near it. 

A few years ago I had a snake burrow right next to my mailbox next to the road. Every time I would try to get the mail they would come out of their hole. I had to get my brother to get my mail and set up some mothballs around it because I couldn't do it. Heights, no problem,  Tight closed in areas no problem, (live in a old farmhouse with some really tight crawl spaces ive had to get into from time to time,  Rats, mice, no problem,  Snakes, "Houston,  we have a problem"

Rats,

cleaning out a grain leg, many years ago, had one climb up my left arm to my elbow then proceed to jump to my right arm. Passed within inches of my nose! Before I realized what happened his brother did the same thing. I came climbing out of that pit screaming like a little girl! My boss at the time was at the opening when I came flying out. I know my hand was in his face shoving him out of my way!  Gives me the Heebie jeebies every time I tell that story.

and fat people in speedos!

hitting a deer 

1 hour ago, Farmerboy72 said:

and fat people in speedos!

Ayup

I represent that remark!:(

I have a phobia of owning a green tractor.  Wife says I need help.

18 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats not an irrational phobia. It doesn't count :lol:

13 hours ago, RBootsMI said:

Does anyone else feel like they are being watched when they walk through the woods at night in the dark without a light? Always feel that way

Ross

But  you are being watched.

Foxes

Badgers

Rabbits

Owls

Or whatever critters live in the woods by you?

:lol:

OK, you guys who do things even if it "makes the boys shrink up" have discovered the true meaning of courage. Doing something in spite of your fear. I think most of us do it because we don't have any options.

Not too fond of heights anymore, don't know why, still climb ladders and get up on roofs but I don't like it. And being inside an MRI machine. That drives me right up the wall. Any other tight place I'm OK with.

Rick 

Snakes(which is awesome when we have plenty of red belly black snakes and brown snakes, which are almost at the top of list of deadly ones)dentists (nearly need to knock me out before I walk in the surgery). But the thing that I have a phobia of the most is the noise of other people chewing food! Just can not deal with that. 

15 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

That's called brains