Sign in to follow this  
Delta Dirt

Bergdahl court martial acquital

The Bergdahl court martial acquittal is a total insult to anybody who ever served or is currently serving in our MILITARY-------let alone a total disrepect for the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice protecting this country.  Seems like there were several injuries and deaths related to the search for him??

This basturrd walked off of his post (defected to the enemy)--------and gets off with a slap on the wrist by a military judge.  Traitors use to be placed in front of a firing squad.

Tonight (just before Veteran's Day)------I just heard on the news that the Army is now considering if he is due back pay of approximately $300,000.

Where is common sense and the sense of responsibility in this country anymore?????  And------this was a military court.

Am I missing something here??  This burns my as$.

Delta Dirt    (Avon  Ms  38723)

Once a Marine------always a Marine!!!

4 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

Where is common sense and the sense of responsibility in this country anymore?????  And------this was a military court.

Concur.  (Head shakin' mode here!)

best, randy

I served and am not insulted by the verdict.  As much as I regret there were casualties in the search and rescue, I can accept the findings of the military court, understanding that our knowledge of all the events is affected by the news coverage and political backlash it provoked.  Perhaps the military court had access to facts not shared with the public.  From the limited transcripts I have read, even the Army seemed divided on the appropriate punishment.

Are you certain he defected?  It was my understanding that he was captured after leaving the camp.  Spending six years with the Taliban,  while short of standing before a firing squad,   will probably affect him forever.  

Regardless,  I don't think he should receive back pay. 

Thank you for your service.

Here is the reason for the sentence that was handed down. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/10/court-overturns-marine-snipers-conviction-for-urinating-on-dead-taliban-fighters.html Read the article. Mentions UCI (unlawful command influence). The POTSU has said all through the campaign and swearing in what he thought should happen to Bergdahl. He's the CIC of all the military. Court had to be very careful just because of that.

I'm not too happy about the outcome either. I don't care that he was captured and held. That was a situation that he created. It's called taking responsibility for your own actions.

Rick

I found it distasteful to even read about, no matter how they got to the decision (and I agree the POTUS comments limited the courts option) I think they have changed the military with the ruling.  

10 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

The Bergdahl court martial acquittal is a total insult to anybody who ever served or is currently serving in our MILITARY-------let alone a total disrepect for the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice protecting this country.  Seems like there were several injuries and deaths related to the search for him??

This basturrd walked off of his post (defected to the enemy)--------and gets off with a slap on the wrist by a military judge.  Traitors use to be placed in front of a firing squad.

Tonight (just before Veteran's Day)------I just heard on the news that the Army is now considering if he is due back pay of approximately $300,000.

Delta Dirt    (Avon  Ms  38723)

Once a Marine------always a Marine!!!

X2

Tony

36 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I found it distasteful to even read about, no matter how they got to the decision (and I agree the POTUS comments limited the courts option) I think they have changed the military with the ruling.  

I'm afraid your right .

Tony

To clarify, Bergdahl was not acquitted of charges.  He was rightfully convicted of desertion of duty.

Now the sentencing phase became problematic for the military judge, not the least because of comments made by the POTUS*

In my thinking this was not about what Trump said at all. But to protect Obozos ass for trading hardcore ISIS members for this snowflake deserter.

49 minutes ago, hanniedog said:

In my thinking this was not about what Trump said at all. But to protect Obozos ass for trading hardcore ISIS members for this snowflake deserter.

X2 !!

Should have gotten a lot of time.  Firing squad would have been too good for him.  He will probably make a movie or book deal and wind up a multi-millionaire.   Hope the families of those soldiers killed while looking for him sue him for all they can get out of him.

the veterans groups are a bit mad, and some are talking ugly.  I hope he just lays low and maybe changes his name

1 minute ago, AKwelder said:

the veterans groups are a bit mad, and some are talking ugly.  I hope he just lays low and maybe changes his name

I ve been working off and on at a cargill soybean plant the last 4 years. Its right next to Fort Bragg. Its all military around there'  He will not last long unless he does like you said

6 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

X2 !!

x3 anything Obama's administration did was screwed up!

2 hours ago, RKO said:

I ve been working off and on at a cargill soybean plant the last 4 years. Its right next to Fort Bragg. Its all military around there'  He will not last long unless he does like you said

RKO are you in Fayetteville?

4 minutes ago, Eason said:

RKO are you in Fayetteville?

Was yesterday in texas today.

Been working on the soybean plant in fayetteville

On 11/10/2017 at 4:49 AM, bob_carr said:

I served and am not insulted by the verdict.  As much as I regret there were casualties in the search and rescue, I can accept the findings of the military court, understanding that our knowledge of all the events is affected by the news coverage and political backlash it provoked.  Perhaps the military court had access to facts not shared with the public.  From the limited transcripts I have read, even the Army seemed divided on the appropriate punishment.

Are you certain he defected?  It was my understanding that he was captured after leaving the camp.  Spending six years with the Taliban,  while short of standing before a firing squad,   will probably affect him forever.  

Regardless,  I don't think he should receive back pay. 

Thank you for your service.

Thanks for the only intelligent comment here...

Regardless of "my inaccurate reporting"------this outcome is still a disgrace to the military and the citizens of the United States.  

May be that "General Public" may want to have a few words with Bergdahl.

And-------my old and faded as$ is still on fire.  May be that the old codger generation is too old too understand the modern way???  But I am not interestered in learning the new way!!!!

Y'all will just have to accept me "As-Is".

Happy Veteran's Day to all that served-----thank you for your service whenever and wherever.

Edit:   and thanks for the posts that clarified the reporting

Delta Dirt  (Avon  Ms  38723)

I remember when His Dad was with Barry, maybe when they released all the terrorist, and His Dad spoke in some jihad language and talked good about the muslims.   People can say what they want, He walked off to join up with the terrorist plain and simple.   Seems like right after He defected there were several attacks or something that indicated they had some inside info.  He seemed to gain weight when He was a muslim and hanging with "the boys".  This guy needed to be strung up, period!

14 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Maybe to something like “Chelsea”?

17 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

Regardless of "my inaccurate reporting"------this outcome is still a disgrace to the military and the citizens of the United States.  

May be that "General Public" may want to have a few words with Bergdahl.

And-------my old and faded as$ is still on fire.  May be that the old codger generation is too old too understand the modern way???  But I am not interestered in learning the new way!!!!

Y'all will just have to accept me "As-Is".

Happy Veteran's Day to all that served-----thank you for your service whenever and wherever.

Edit:   and thanks for the posts that clarified the reporting

Delta Dirt  (Avon  Ms  38723)

I think most of the the people on this fòrum feel the same way you do.  He walked off his post and put the lives of many people at risk. He should be out before a firing squad. 

14 hours ago, oldtech said:

Thanks for the only intelligent comment here...

This is the only unintelligent post.  That' person (and i will not call him a man) walked off his post. Thats a fact. He needs to man up. 

4 hours ago, RKO said:

This is the only unintelligent post.  That' person (and i will not call him a man) walked off his post. Thats a fact. He needs to man up. 

I agree.   He was CONVICTED of desertion so that is not in doubt.  The sentence was just PC crap.  Not sure firing squad would have been good idea but maybe about twenty years in prison. 

Somewhere down the road we'll be hearing about this pos shooting up some place! He wanted to go to the other side once, he will still have that desire to switch sides!